BLOODY-DISGUSTING

BLOODY-DISGUSTING (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/index.php)
-   Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Halloween 3 (201?) (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/showthread.php?t=49421)

kyle.voorhees 08-30-2009 12:57 PM

Halloween 3 (201?)

From the front page.

Quote:

Thanks to our boy BC and his incredible hawk eyes for catching an article over at the LA Times that will make Michael Myers fans very happy. Apparently, Rob Zombie hasn't put an end to franchise as the Weinstein brothers are already planning a return to Haddonfield in 2010 with Halloween 3D. While Halloween II only opened at the #3 spot this weekend, had it not started a fist fight with The Final Destination, it would have easily taken the top spot and make over $30m. The Weinsteins knows this and are quickly making plans for a third film. Read on for the skinny and then talk about who you'd like to see take the reigns. Who could make Myers even better?

From the LA Times:

""Halloween II" may not have won the box office this weekend, but Weinstein Co. is taking a lesson from the movie that did as it prepares a sequel for next summer.

The independent studio's co-Chairman Bob Weinstein said today that the 3-D sequel, titled, appropriately enough, "Halloween 3D," is in development.

The investment it takes to shoot movies in digital 3-D has proved particularly lucrative for horror films. For "The Final Destination," this weekend's No. 1 movie, theaters with at least one 3-D screen earned 3.25 times as much as those that showed the movie in 2-D only, according to distributor Warner Bros. That's substantially higher than for other recent releases. The equivalent 3-D multiple for last month's "G-Force," for instance, was only 1.7 on its first weekend. For July's "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs" it was 1.4 andm for June's "Up" it was 2.2. January horror flick "My Bloody Valentine" earned 6.4 times as much from 3-D theaters as it did from 2-D on its opening weekend.

Weinstein said Rob Zombie, who directed "Halloween II" and 2007's reboot of the 31-year-old horror series, won't return for "Halloween 3-D." He said the studio is in negotiations with a new director, whom he declined to name, who has experience in horror and has a "different take" on the franchise."

Source: LA Times

Thoughts?

Could turn out a little decent without Zombie getting his mitts on it.

Daenerys 08-30-2009 01:01 PM

My thoughts exactly accept I dont know about the whole 3D thing.

MichaelMyers1031 08-30-2009 01:06 PM

No Zombie!! Thank God!

I wonder who they have in mind...

Alkaline 08-30-2009 01:08 PM

Meh, I'm too paranoid.

Until production draws near and things are set in stone, I suspect Rob's involved and The Blob remake is a front, much of the way T-Rex was for HPoo.

Daughter Of Myers 08-30-2009 01:12 PM

I'll probably pass on this one as well. I wish they would just go back, and do a proper remake instead of adding a sequel to the previous two abortions.

halloweencheif 08-30-2009 01:14 PM

Exactly why horror is the biggest copycat genre of all..

Jeremy-V1 08-30-2009 01:16 PM

Man this is gonna be great.

SYL 08-30-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

He said the studio is in negotiations with a new director, whom he declined to name, who has experience in horror and has a "different take" on the franchise."
Best part of that article.

I'll keep eye on this thread.

MichaelMyers1031 08-30-2009 01:23 PM

Those Platinum Dunes Fuckers better not be involved.

dribbz 08-30-2009 01:27 PM

Nice!!! How bad could the "different outlook" be? I think it should be decent.