BLOODY-DISGUSTING

BLOODY-DISGUSTING (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/index.php)
-   Modern Horror (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Maniac (2013) Remake (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/showthread.php?t=32506)

CAPTAIN SPAULDING 05-18-2008 07:51 AM

Maniac (2013) Remake

From the B-D front page:

B-D reader Brian S. chimed in this weekend with some interesting news, which at this point should be taken strictly as rumor. He tells us that the other night he attended "Rue Morgue Magazine's" special screening of Maniac in Toronto, Canada where some rumors arose about a possible remake to the film at a major studio. Read on for the skinny.

Director-Producer William Lustig was on hand to introduce the classic '80s film, which follows a schizoid, serial killer who randomly stalks and kills various young women in New York (something he sees as revenge for the mistreatment he got while being raised by his own abusive mother). Brian asked him a few questions, one about a possible remake. "Has any once approached you about remaking MANIAC, and how would you feel about it?" His reply, "I would feel great about it because it's money, and yes we have been approached..."

He continued to share with the audience some of the details including that they are in negotiations with a major studio to remake the film. The budget would be $12 million and it will be directed by a current high profile horror film director.

Once again, please take this strictly as rumor until confirmed.

All I can say is WHAT THE FUCK!!!

depecheanix 05-18-2008 07:56 AM

Someones going to throw a flip over this... :he:

Cebonation04 05-18-2008 07:58 AM

Who cares? Don't Go in the House was 100 times better.

brain dead 05-18-2008 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by depecheanix (Post 1109713)
Someones going to throw a flip over this... :he:

People always complain about them remaking classics... Now here's one they can get behind. Maybe they can make it good this time :lol:

alleywaykrew 05-18-2008 08:51 AM

I personally don't even care when they remake classics most of the time these days...but I genuinely don't see why anyone would care that they're remaking Maniac.

depecheanix 05-18-2008 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alleywaykrew (Post 1109726)
I personally don't even care when they remake classics most of the time these days...but I genuinely don't see why anyone would care that they're remaking Maniac.

Oh somebody will. And when he sees this thread it should be grade A comedy.

And this...
Quote:

it will be directed by a current high profile horror film director.
points to four directors to me. Each of which are as horribly bad as each other.

brain dead 05-18-2008 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alleywaykrew (Post 1109726)

I think most people with any sense feel the same way as you. Remakes don't bother me in the slightest and I too can't see why anyone would be bothered... Especially with Maniac :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by depecheanix (Post 1109729)
Oh somebody will. And when he sees this thread it should be grade A comedy.

Does his name begin with the letter E?
Quote:

And this... points to four directors to me. Each of which are as horribly bad as each other.
I can't wait for Rob Zombie's Maniac.

depecheanix 05-18-2008 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brain dead (Post 1109734)
Does his name begin with the letter E?

Possibly :he:

Quote:

I can't wait for Rob Zombie's Maniac.
It'll be the best movie ever.

brain dead 05-18-2008 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by depecheanix (Post 1109739)
It'll be the best movie ever.

I can't wait for frank Zito to mumble crazilly to himself about snorkin' on flappy tits and skullfucking models to death.

depecheanix 05-18-2008 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brain dead (Post 1109750)
I can't wait for frank Zito to mumble crazilly to himself about snorkin' on flappy tits and skullfucking models to death.

Maybe he can play tummy sticks on the corpses of his male victims. That'd be really fuckin' hardcore.