BLOODY-DISGUSTING

BLOODY-DISGUSTING (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/index.php)
-   General Horror Talk (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Dexter (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/showthread.php?t=11608)

headbangerhorrorfanatic66 09-11-2006 09:19 PM

Dexter

If you've watched Showtime recently, you would have seen, Dexter, well at least it's trailers. It starts October, and I don't think thats a coincidence lol. But it's basically about a guy who's a paramedic (I think, if not, what's he again?) by day and a serial killer at night. And the real twist or catch, I should say, is that he investigates his own murders. Now how cool is that?!:D

halloweengal81 09-11-2006 11:18 PM

i have seen the preview. he is like a forensic investigator or something. he is an incredible actor. i loved him on 6 feet under so i am very excited for this show.

GratefulGecko 09-12-2006 04:30 AM

Sounds interesting.

Between this show, Masters of Horror and Weeds, I think I have an excuse to get Showtime.

Alec_RA 09-12-2006 06:36 AM

Dexter is a forensic scientist ala CSI. Here is a pretty good explanation of the book it was based off (ripped from the offical site) but the series differes abit.

Quote:

DEXTER is based on the compelling novel "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" by Jeff Lindsay, a South Florida native. Orphaned at the age of four and harboring a traumatic secret, Dexter is adopted by a police officer who recognizes Dexter's homicidal tendencies and guides his son to channel his gruesome passion for human vivisection in a constructive way - by killing those heinous perpetrators that are above the law or who have slipped through the cracks of justice. A respected member of the police force, a perfect gentleman and a man with a soft spot for children, it's hard not to like Dexter. Although his drive to kill is unflinching, he struggles to emulate normal emotions he doesn't feel, and to keep up his appearance as a caring, socially responsible human being.

Chainsaw Suicide 09-12-2006 06:02 PM

Cool! I didnt know they made it into a series.

manicmyk 10-03-2006 01:13 PM

Did anyone get a chance to check this out? It was friggin brilliant! I have read both the books and it was pretty much unedited. If anyone doesn't have Showtime and wants to check it out I saw an ad for their free preview weekend promo. This weekend and next weekend everyone should be able to get Showtime.

deadhead33 10-03-2006 02:53 PM

I saw it and love it ! If the season is as good as it's being set up to be, I can't wait till next week. Showtime is great with shows like Dexter and Weeds. Anyone know when the next season of MOH is going to start ?

doc b 10-03-2006 02:58 PM

just saw it and loved it cait wait till next week!!

kingsoprano718 10-04-2006 11:14 PM

i was wondering when you guys were gonna start talking about this one

did NOT disappoint. absolutely brilliant. i love all of the charactors in this and its got a creepy tone to it.

spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am i mistaken or at the end of the first show were they trying to imply that HE was the real killer, or were they trying to say he was planning on copying him?

end spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never the less absolutely fantastic show

manicmyk 10-05-2006 12:12 AM

ANSWER TO SPOILER QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. Sort of.