It remake (2017)

LKP1331
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Re: It remake (2017)

Post by LKP1331 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:12 am

Neilold wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:34 am
6 out of 10 ballons for me, not great, not terrible. Let's hope it is good for the horror genre, rather than * as I expect) the 'lets rip off it' genre, or the 'lets rip off eighties ghost movies' genre
Yeah I'm expecting an onslaught of crap killer clown movies now from non-horror filmmakers jumping on the bandwagon thinking they'll rake in the same kind of profit.

Neilold
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Neilold » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:45 am

yeah, well you won't have to wait to long, gags the clown looks to be already dragging his clichéd arse to a cinema near you soon

Samuslee
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by Samuslee » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:18 pm

As a fan of the novel I was let down by this film. Much like The Dark Tower movie the biggest mistake is that this was a movie and not a cable TV series. The movie felt very rushed. The stinger jump scares didn't help either. Pennywise was very hit and miss. He didn't get to say very much and half the time he was a blubbering mess. Beverly oddly carried the story and became the Bill of the group which was weird. The Losers did not seem like they had a purpose as a group. Most of the kids in fact did not want to be fighting Pennywise at all. Bill punches Richie? WTF? And the final confrontation was nothing but empty action. No nightmare spider. No individual inner strength from any of the kids. A small nod to the deadlights, sure, but it was never explained or named so its reduced purely to a visual effect. The leper that chases Eddie was almost embarrassingly bad. No mummy or werewolf, instead we get a headless CGI person and some bizarre painting monster. Yeah because those were scary. Ill take a werewolf any day of the week over that.

I did like some parts of it. The Georgie kill scene was very well done. I wanted to see more of that Pennywise, but no. The part where Pennywise is coming out of the fridge all twisted up and shit was cool too. In fact I liked that whole house sequence, as well as the bloody sink with Beverly. And I like the singing children that was heard when Pennywise was on screen. This movie was ok at best, certainty nothing memorial like I was hoping for.

Post Ghost
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by Post Ghost » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:13 pm

Samuslee wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:18 pm
As a fan of the novel I was let down by this film. Much like The Dark Tower movie the biggest mistake is that this was a movie and not a cable TV series. The movie felt very rushed. The stinger jump scares didn't help either. Pennywise was very hit and miss. He didn't get to say very much and half the time he was a blubbering mess. Beverly oddly carried the story and became the Bill of the group which was weird. The Losers did not seem like they had a purpose as a group. Most of the kids in fact did not want to be fighting Pennywise at all. Bill punches Richie? WTF? And the final confrontation was nothing but empty action. No nightmare spider. No individual inner strength from any of the kids. A small nod to the deadlights, sure, but it was never explained or named so its reduced purely to a visual effect. The leper that chases Eddie was almost embarrassingly bad. No mummy or werewolf, instead we get a headless CGI person and some bizarre painting monster. Yeah because those were scary. Ill take a werewolf any day of the week over that.
Yeah, this amateur hour, jump-scare-laden mess of a movie is pretty much unsalvageable, but at least it provides a much needed cash infusion into the genre.

Tom Riddle
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by Tom Riddle » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:42 pm

Samuslee wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:18 pm

I did like some parts of it. The Georgie kill scene was very well done. I wanted to see more of that Pennywise, but no. The part where Pennywise is coming out of the fridge all twisted up and shit was cool too. In fact I liked that whole house sequence, as well as the bloody sink with Beverly. And I like the singing children that was heard when Pennywise was on screen. This movie was ok at best, certainty nothing memorial like I was hoping for. i
Yeah, I agree with you on the dark tower part.I have been a Dark Tower-enthusiast for 20 years, read all 8 books multiple times. The movie is not an adaptation, it's not the story of Ronald and the tower as told in the books. Maybe it's a later, or earlier cycle of Ronald's quest. This may account for the significant differences, e.g. Jake's backstory, the fact that Walter has the complete set of Wizard glass, etc. So maybe try to accept the fact that you are not going to see the story from the books come to life in a literal way, and then you can actually enjoy the movie. And especially enjoy the things you do recognize from the story you read.

Source : https://whereyouwatch.com/movies/the-dark-tower/

0Father0Satan0Sun
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by 0Father0Satan0Sun » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:52 pm

IT has surpassed Jaws and The Exorcist as the highest-grossing horror film of all-time in the USA. This movie is going to earn greatness like James Cameron's AVATAR, Titanic, Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Gone with the Wind.

Positive reviews and money mean something these days.

Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Midnight-Kroovy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:09 pm

0Father0Satan0Sun wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:52 pm
IT has surpassed Jaws and The Exorcist as the highest-grossing horror film of all-time in the USA. This movie is going to earn greatness like James Cameron's AVATAR, Titanic, Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Gone with the Wind.

That doesn't take inflation into account so it's still way behind all those films. It has done very well though.

0Father0Satan0Sun
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by 0Father0Satan0Sun » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:36 pm

Midnight-Kroovy wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:09 pm
0Father0Satan0Sun wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:52 pm

That doesn't take inflation into account so it's still way behind all those films. It has done very well though.
I wasn't talking about inflation, I was talking about the number in total (ticket price, etc). IT earned it now and will be in the discussion as one of the top 10 greatest horror films ever made.

joelthadathil
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by joelthadathil » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:12 am

hello people, just created a short review on IT (2017) would great if you could check it out :D :D
https://myunsolicitedopin.blogspot.co.uk/