Connect with us

Movies

David Gordon Green’s ‘Suspiria’ Could Be Next!

Published

on

Out promoting Your Highness, director David Gordon Green told Indiewire that next on his agenda could be the long-gestured remake of Dario Argento’s Suspiria.

I’m hopefully going to get into a horror film, [`Suspiria’] next. That’s the goal,” Green said about lining up the remake of the Dario Argento psych-horror classic as his next feature. “It’s an idea that came to me three years ago…That was an enlightening process. [Our `Suspiria’] doesn’t follow the trend of the traditional horror movies of late, so it’s a leap of faith, financially.” He also says that there won’t be many key differences, stating, “It’s actually very faithful. I’m gonna put my spin on it, but in terms of a pitch, it’s going to remain quite faithful to [the original].

Natalie Portman was once in talks, but (smartly) opted to do Black Swan instead. The new cast will be unknowns: “I want an unknown cast…My version isn’t necessarily about ballet, it’s more of an all-girls boarding school… I don’t think it will have names.

In the original ’77 flick, a newcomer to a fancy ballet academy gradually comes to realize that the staff of the school are actually a coven of witches bent on chaos and destruction.

Horror movie fanatic who co-founded Bloody Disgusting in 2001. Producer on Southbound, V/H/S/2/3/94, SiREN, Under the Bed, and A Horrible Way to Die. Chicago-based. Horror, pizza and basketball connoisseur. Taco Bell daily. Franchise favs: Hellraiser, Child's Play, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Friday the 13th. Horror 365 days a year.

Movies

‘Death Proof’ Star Zöe Bell Directing Rock Climbing Thriller ‘Free Fall’

Published

on

Pictured: Zöe Bell in 'Death Proof'

A stuntwoman, stunt coordinator and actor, Zöe Bell (Kill Bill, Death Proof) is set to make her feature directorial debut with the thriller Free Fall, Variety has reported this morning.

Zachary Levi (Shazam) will star in the upcoming film. From XYZ Films, Free Fall “tells the story of a father’s attempt to reconcile with his estranged daughter on a rock-climbing trip that turns deadly as an accident leaves them stranded hundreds of feet in the air.”

Sean Finegan and Gregg Maxwell Parker wrote the screenplay.

“This script is the perfect combo of heartfelt and heart-stopping,” Zöe Bell said in a statement shared by Variety. “Between the producing team, the cast and the New Zealand crews, words don’t do justice to how thrilled I am to be bringing this film home.”

Producers Tom Hern and Nua Finau said, “We are stoked to be teaming up with the guys at XYZ again to help bring Zoë Bell’s feature debut to the world. Zoë’s an incredible talent and an iconic Kiwi. The script sets the table not only for her renowned action direction chops, but also plenty of heart and humanity.”

Navid McIlhargey and Erik Olsen are executive producing alongside Finegan, Parker and Levi.

As a stunt performer and stunt coordinator, Zöe Bell has worked on “Xena: Warrior Princess,” Kill Bill, Catwoman, Iron Man 3, Thor: Ragnarok, and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Bell became a household name after essentially playing herself in Quentin Tarantino’s Death Proof, and she can also be seen in Angel of Death, The Hateful Eight and Malignant.

Zöe Bell in 'Raze'

Zöe Bell in ‘Raze’

Continue Reading