Friday the 13th Reboot???

Post about your favorite, or not so favorite horror movies here.
Onlyhuman96
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Friday the 13th Reboot???

Post by Onlyhuman96 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:14 pm

With an inevitable remake possibly on the horizon with the outstanding success of New Line's, "IT", and the huge success and popularity of this summer's "Friday the 13th: The Game" , fans have proven that horror isn't dead yet and Jason is hotter than ever. Rumor has it that New Line is planning on jump starting the franchise once again, with a NEW reboot in talks.

Of course, they would have to wait for the rights issue to resolve before moving forward with anything yet. But, I thought I would put this thread together for fans of the never dying franchise to give their thoughts on rebooting Friday the 13th and how you guys would go about doing it. Maybe a wandering New Line employee will somehow find their way to this thread and see what the fans really want.

Sound off on your thoughts and ideas for a Friday the 13th reboot down below. I'm eager to see what everyone comes up with.

DeadFuck
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Re: Friday the 13th Reboot???

Post by DeadFuck » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:26 pm

The 09 remake did some things right. I want Jason to have the mask and kill. It was a bit ambiguous as a reboot. It could easily serve as a sequel if the viewer chooses to view it that way. Making Jason a bit more human was a good move too. I'd like a new reboot to retain those qualities. I could get into my problems with the 09 remake, but you've heard it before.

Onlyhuman96
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by Onlyhuman96 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:34 am

I definitely agree with you there. I personally loved that they kept Jason human in the '09 remake. It was a bold move in terms of what the franchise had become prior to that film. The last anyone saw Jason on screen beforehand, was in, "Freddy vs. Jason", and he was the farthest thing from human in that movie. So yeah, having him be human brought a lot of nostalgia to the remake, because they were able to capitalize on how Jason was in the first 4 movies(excluding the first). He ran, which is scary as hell on its own. He was smart, which Jason really is, in terms of survival.

The biggest problem I had with the remake, besides some of the obnoxious characters, was that Camp Crystal Lake should've played a bigger role. Instead, we got a brief mention of its history and that's it. Other than that, it's just an abandoned Summer camp rotting in the woods.

I would like for them to take the counselor's and Jason back to the camp. I feel like that was the key element they were missing in the remake. The camp is a character on its own.

Willowfang
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Willowfang » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:49 am

I was disappointed with the remake.

I liked some of the characters, all but the guy that got the thrown ax and the dick boyfriend "perfect nipple placement" The 80's were nostalgic, but let's leave what society has moved past in the past

The arrow over the water was just retarded, a truly impossible shot. Now Jason can use many weapons, but if he can do that with a bow, why ever use anything else?

Showing his home, well, of course he has some sort of home, but it's showing too much, leave some mystery. his home gave it a bit of a TMC/Hills have eyes vibe. Jason doesn't need any vibe but his own.

All and all it had a Wolf Creek and other vibes, when it should only ever have had a Jason Vibe
Last edited by Willowfang on Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
It was the cow...

DeadFuck
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by DeadFuck » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:26 am

Willowfang wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:49 am
The 80's were nostalgic, but let's leave what society have moved past in the past
Thank you for saying this. I like boobs as much as the next guy, but there are better movies to watch boobs in than slashers.

Decimus
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Decimus » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:28 pm

I want a sequel to Jason X

TexasSnacks
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by TexasSnacks » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:30 pm

Decimus wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:28 pm
I want a sequel to Jason X
And a prequel. I would love to see them on the hunt and capturing him and trying to execute him as well.

DeadFuck
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by DeadFuck » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:55 pm

Part of me wants to see a First Blood style Friday movie. A bunch of hick cops getting hacked by Jason would be great. I liked the abandoned script where a bus of prisoners broke down near Crystal Lake, and Jason kills them. They were supposed to make that its own movie. Wonder what is going on with that.

GxHxC
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by GxHxC » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:02 pm

Onlyhuman96 wrote:I definitely agree with you there. I personally loved that they kept Jason human in the '09 remake. It was a bold move in terms of what the franchise had become prior to that film. The last anyone saw Jason on screen beforehand, was in, "Freddy vs. Jason", and he was the farthest thing from human in that movie. So yeah, having him be human brought a lot of nostalgia to the remake, because they were able to capitalize on how Jason was in the first 4 movies(excluding the first). He ran, which is scary as hell on its own. He was smart, which Jason really is, in terms of survival.

The biggest problem I had with the remake, besides some of the obnoxious characters, was that Camp Crystal Lake should've played a bigger role. Instead, we got a brief mention of its history and that's it. Other than that, it's just an abandoned Summer camp rotting in the woods.

I would like for them to take the counselor's and Jason back to the camp. I feel like that was the key element they were missing in the remake. The camp is a character on its own.
I beg to disagree with both of you guys... I think the most dreadful part of last Friday 13th was a more human Jason... Jason making prisoners (sure she was a foxy prisoner) but, c'mon, let's be realistic, Jason kills... and that's his purpose! What was he doing? Saving the victim to kill it later? To avoid boredom after slashing all the other annoying human been around?
Jason is in a rampage...
Also the idea of Jason attacking some prisoners, is not just some sort of rip-off of wrong turn 3, but is also an insult as it would turn Jason into a hero!
Jason is a masked, supernatural entity, serial killer... he's the evil personified...
Bring back Jason that scared the shit out of campers...
I like the idea of using new weapons and all the different kind of deaths presented...
I think it would be nice if they show a bit of Jason's childhood like a mean boy, who suffered a lot of bullying... show him killing animals, trapping and hurting other kids in the camp... show that he was actually a hateful kid that makes his mother send him away to camp to have some rest and a good explanation also why the staff didn't pay a lot of attention to him...
And if we can change the history a little, in case of a reboot, we could add some occultism to the story, by making Jason's mom killing the staff as part of some sacrifice needed to bring his child back... the twist at the end is that a x number of victims (which would be equal to the number of staff/victims) is needed and by killing Jason's mother, the last staff would released the beast... something like that...

Enviado de meu SM-G925F usando Tapatalk

DeadFuck
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by DeadFuck » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:10 pm

I don't love the supernatural elements about the series, but your pitch is pretty good. I'd watch that movie.

It really shouldn't be this hard or take this long for the studio to make a Jason movie