Connect with us

Movies

Warner Brothers May Ride To ‘The Dark Tower’ With Javier Bardem

Published

on

And the The Dark Tower saga continues. Back in November Ron Howard managed our expectations a bit by saying, “These kinds of projects often take years to come together in the right ways. But I am in love with the material, and the minute it can come together in the right way, I am fully committed to it.

That may be happening. Per Deadline, “I hear that Warner Bros is now very close to a deal that will give Ron Howard the chance to direct at least the first feature, potentially with Javier Bardem starring as gunslinger Roland Deschain. And Akiva Goldsman (who wrote the script) is producing with Brian Grazer and the author. Basically they bought Goldsman’s script and are paying him to do a polish. Howard remains attached to direct, likely in first quarter 2013. Pic is a co-production between Goldsman’s Weed Road and Howard and Grazer’s Imagine. Bardem’s participation would depend upon his availability, but he was firmly attached when the project was at Universal.

In short, if you’re a fan of Roland Deschain this could be very good news.

Movies

‘Byte’ Trailer – Indie Horror Movie Downloads an App That Turns People into Werewolves

Published

on

In the wake of Larry Fessenden’s werewolf movie Blackout releasing at home just last week, werewolf horror returns with the indie film Byte being unleashed later this week.

After its world premiere at the HorrorHound Film Festival in March, we’ve learned that Byte will be available April 18 on streaming platforms. Watch the official trailer below.

“In a concept generated for today’s Gen Z audience, the film follows a group of college-aged friends who become concerned when one of them discovers a mysterious phone app that turns users into werewolves. Meanwhile, a spate of violent killings plagues the city.”

Kayden Bryce, Marshall Vargas, Carlie Allen, Stephen Nicholas Knight, Debbie Scaletta, Bill Schroeder, Cali Jacobs, Candela Orio, Amanda Yanzanny, and Chris Hahn star.

Eddie Lengyel (Mother Krampus 2, American Poltergeist: The Curse of Lilith Ratchet) directs and produces from his screenplay. Fellow producer is Marie Lengyel. Jeff Miller (Ouija House) and Ronnie D. Lee (The Toybox) executive produce. Mick Kunz shot and edited the film.

“I think our concept of ‘technology meets werewolves’ is something audiences will dig,” producer Jeff Miller said in a statement. “Grab a pizza, sit back, and enjoy!”

Byte is a co-production between Millman Productions, Fright Teck Pictures, and Ron Lee Productions. In addition to the trailer, you’ll also find the upcoming film’s poster art below.

Continue Reading