The Health & Fitness Thread

The title says it all.... whatever. If it doesn't fit anywhere else post it here.
Wonderlust
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

The Health & Fitness Thread

Post by Wonderlust » Mon May 30, 2016 8:28 pm

It will be a year in June that I stopped all sugar/carb intake. I also don't eat anything processed or fast food.

I was sick off taking seven different pills to combat some mental issues. I thought, let me change my food habits and see where it takes me. Right now I take 3 meds { got rid of four : )} and some supplements and I've never felt better. I walk 2 miles a day and do a half hour on the elliptical and half hour weights.

I pretty much went back to caveman days with eating nuts and berries, only real meat, not processed and no sugar. I can make wonderful filling smoothies and take the wonderful supplement of Magnesium.

I thought maybe we could share ideas, recipes and health info here.

病気の

Wonderlust
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Re: The Health & Fitness Thread

Post by Wonderlust » Mon May 30, 2016 8:31 pm

病気の

Wonderlust
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Wonderlust » Mon May 30, 2016 8:35 pm

Top Health Benefits of Magnesium

Helps Increase Energy.
Calms Nerves & Anxiety.
Helps With Digestion by Relieving Constipation.
Relieves Muscle Aches and Spasms.
Regulates Levels of Calcium, Potassium and Sodium.
Important for Heart Health.
Prevents Migraine Headaches.
Helps Prevent Osteoporosis.
病気の

travisbickle
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by travisbickle » Mon May 30, 2016 9:21 pm

I take multivitamins and fish oil daily. I also lift weights on Mon, Wed, and Friday an hour per workout, and the days in between I do cardio (jump rope, jog, heavy bag....) for around 30 minutes. I rest and don't do jack on the weekends.

I eat pretty healthy for the most part, but I do enjoy my sweet treats every now and then. Seriously doubt I could ever give up sugar completely, BUT I hardly ever drink and I've never smoked a cigarette in my life, so there...

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Mon May 30, 2016 10:34 pm

i begin everyday with raw oatmeal. i tend to use mostly organic ingredients, but i think most of these things are still pretty good for you regardless of how they're farmed.

*1/2 cup rolled oats
*1 cup fruits (usually kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, raisins, and/or oranges, but any fruit will do)
*2 tbsp hemp seeds (so fucking good for you)
*1 tbsp ground flax seed
*1 tbsp chia seeds
*1/2 cup almond milk (any liquid will do, i imagine)

The rest of these i rotate:

*tsp of honey or maple syrup
*tsp maca powder
*tsp cinnamon
*tsp moringa powder
*tsp spirulina (strong taste)
*tsp cocao nibs
*sprinkling of nuts (usually raw and unsalted almonds, pistachios, pecans, cashews, or walnuts)
*toasted shredded coconut

mix together and shake, let sit in the fridge overnight, eat in the morning. delicious, nutritious, good source of lots of stuff, protein, fiber, antioxidants. i find this gives me a nice burst of sustainable energy which lasts me through till lunch.

McStuffin
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by McStuffin » Tue May 31, 2016 7:57 pm

I'd like to get heavier/bigger or straight fat. I'm the same weight I was in High School - 150 pounds wet. I eat whatever I want and drink beer and soda and I can't gain weight. If I work out I just get more cut and hard. Haven't worked out in years yet I can do one arm chin-ups on each arm. I'm thinking about making smoothies of weight gainer, bananas, and peanut butter to drink right before bed so I can get fat. I have no clue what to do. I probably need to drink more beer and go to McDonald's more often.

RustyNailFromHell
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse
Location: Between your girlfriend legs, while her parents watch with approval.

Post by RustyNailFromHell » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:08 pm

I've been trying to cut back on carbs, and I find that's really hard to do for the last month. I've lost 11 lbs in one month.

Outpost #31
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Outpost #31 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:26 pm

McStuffin wrote:I'd like to get heavier/bigger or straight fat. I'm the same weight I was in High School - 150 pounds wet. I eat whatever I want and drink beer and soda and I can't gain weight. If I work out I just get more cut and hard. Haven't worked out in years yet I can do one arm chin-ups on each arm. I'm thinking about making smoothies of weight gainer, bananas, and peanut butter to drink right before bed so I can get fat. I have no clue what to do. I probably need to drink more beer and go to McDonald's more often.
I'd switch you in a heartbeat (and I'm sure you are sick of people telling you that ;) ). I've gone up and down in weight my whole life. I was 220 in 8th grade, got down to 180 my senior year, went up to 310 after four years of college (pizza and beer!), went back down to 170 when I was 24, and have been floating between 200-290 ever since. I just lost a bunch of weight and down to 235. Would like to get down to 190 and will be happy. My mom weighs 105 pounds and hate that I took after my dad's side of the family. Only thing about being heavier is that it seems like people are less likely to start shit/fights with you (well that and I'm super broad shouldered). I know it probably sucks not to be able to gain weight but losing it sucks really bad.

travisbickle
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by travisbickle » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:17 pm

McStuffin wrote:I'd like to get heavier/bigger or straight fat. I'm the same weight I was in High School - 150 pounds wet. I eat whatever I want and drink beer and soda and I can't gain weight. If I work out I just get more cut and hard. Haven't worked out in years yet I can do one arm chin-ups on each arm. I'm thinking about making smoothies of weight gainer, bananas, and peanut butter to drink right before bed so I can get fat. I have no clue what to do. I probably need to drink more beer and go to McDonald's more often.
I've heard that the GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) diet has worked well for super skinny guys trying to bulk up.

Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Midnight-Kroovy » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:26 pm

travisbickle wrote:
I've heard that the GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) diet has worked well for super skinny guys trying to bulk up.
I have the summer free so will be hitting the gym hard and might try this GOMAD diet although it sounds like hell on my digestion.