Off Topic ~September 2017~ Late Night Thoughts...

The title says it all.... whatever. If it doesn't fit anywhere else post it here.
nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Re: Off Topic ~September 2017~ Late Night Thoughts...

Post by nancylives! » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:25 am

loved bernie casey. bill and ted, boxcar bertha, i'm gonna get you, sucka, revenge of the nerds, felix leiter in never say never, in the mouth of madness, the man who fell to earth, gargoyles...awesome actor, deserved more recognition.

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:27 am

gwally wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:56 am
He died the same day as Jake LaMotta and even LaMotta's death didn't get as much coverage as one would think. I never realized Bernie played HS and college ball here in Ohio.
You aren't getting coverage unless you're a huge name, let alone day after day.

Mayday
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mayday » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:37 am

gwally wrote:
Midnight-Kroovy wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:00 am
Bernie Casey passed away on the 19th, he was a blaxploitation legend and in Revenge of the Nerds etc. I always liked him as he had great presence and a classical style.
He died the same day as Jake LaMotta and even LaMotta's death didn't get as much coverage as one would think. I never realized Bernie played HS and college ball here in Ohio.
Bernie Casey AND Jake LaMotta died over a week ago and this is the first most of us are hearing of it??!!?!?

Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Midnight-Kroovy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:03 pm

gwally wrote:
He sure did. He didn't bloody my lip or anything, but I can remember it to this day. He told my mom not to bring me back until I was older so she took me to a pediatric dentist. I cried every time they sat me in that chair. It didn't matter if it was a cleaning or a filling. Drove the dentist nuts. I don't remember how old I was when I finally quit crying in the chair, but I can remember the dentist commenting to his assistant (way before hygienists became popular)that the train wasn't going to pass through that day. I can remember being somewhat confused as I'd never heard a train there before. Then I realized he was referring to me. :lol: It was an odd mix of embarrassment and accomplishment. I'm not afraid of the dentist, but I experience pretty high anxiety

And I eventually returned to the original dentist (my mom had no idea he'd slapped me or I don't think she ever would have taken me back) who was actually a swell guy and my favourite dentist over the years. He was also a huge collector of circus and clown memorabilia. Too bad he isn't still alive to enjoy the latest IT.
Old fashioned discipline. A dentist with clown stuff all over the walls who slaps children sounds like the stuff of nightmares :lol:

You are making it sound like you stopped crying a long time ago but I bet this was only a couple of year ago ;)

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:08 pm

just found out my kids both have lice. fuck. they both have really, really long hair, tho maybe not for long. i love me some parasites, but i was looking forward to 90 minutes of peace and quiet before picking them up from school, not washing every sheet in the house and picking through hair. why couldn't this have happened on a tuesday. ah well...

TexasSnacks
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by TexasSnacks » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:16 pm

nancylives! wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:08 pm
just found out my kids both have lice. fuck. they both have really, really long hair, tho maybe not for long. i love me some parasites, but i was looking forward to 90 minutes of peace and quiet before picking them up from school, not washing every sheet in the house and picking through hair. why couldn't this have happened on a tuesday. ah well...
Yea your weekend is gonna be ruined trying to track down and murder the little fucker that gave it to you kids. :lol:

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:36 pm

TexasSnacks wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:16 pm
nancylives! wrote:
Yea your weekend is gonna be ruined trying to track down and murder the little fucker that gave it to you kids. :lol:
i find it hard to believe that they have lice and that somehow my wife and i don't. at least i'm mostly bald, a rare moment that i'm appreciative of this fact...

_Blakelock_
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by _Blakelock_ » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:10 pm

nancylives! wrote:
Get out the clippers and go to work. :lol:

nancylives!
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by nancylives! » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:07 pm

_Blakelock_ wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:10 pm
nancylives! wrote:
Get out the clippers and go to work. :lol:
my wife, who is conveniently going out tonight, didn't go for the haircut idea, so i will soon be applying washing heads with various treatments and combing out nits. and laundry :D

Mr. Awesome
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mr. Awesome » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:09 pm

Do it while she's out. Shave them bald. Hair sucks anyway.