Surveying Millennials/Centennials on Free Speech

The title says it all.... whatever. If it doesn't fit anywhere else post it here.
User avatar
Artpop
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Surveying Millennials/Centennials on Free Speech

Post by Artpop » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:11 am

Hoodlum Yeonsan wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:08 am
Nope it's just the definition of fascism and a couple of other things. Considering how much fascism gets thrown at folks who are far from it...
No, they just say they're far from it when they show every single telltale sign in the book.

Stop loving and defending fascism if you don't like being associated with it. Betsy DeVoss is the perfect example of a fascist and you defended the shit out of her.
"Save a piece of chocolate cake for Sandy!!"

"Good times, bad food"

User avatar
Hoodlum Yeonsan
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Re: Surveying Millennials/Centennials on Free Speech

Post by Hoodlum Yeonsan » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:21 am

Artpop wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:11 am
Hoodlum Yeonsan wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:08 am
Nope it's just the definition of fascism and a couple of other things. Considering how much fascism gets thrown at folks who are far from it...
No, they just say they're far from it when they show every single telltale sign in the book.

Stop loving and defending fascism if you don't like being associated with it. Betsy DeVoss is the perfect example of a fascist and you defended the shit out of her.
How do we get from more private schools to Mussolini?

User avatar
Artpop
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Surveying Millennials/Centennials on Free Speech

Post by Artpop » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:24 am

Hoodlum Yeonsan wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:21 am
How do we get from more private schools to Mussolini?
I'm not here to provide education for you. In a free marketplace, I should get paid for that service.
"Save a piece of chocolate cake for Sandy!!"

"Good times, bad food"

User avatar
Hoodlum Yeonsan
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Re: Surveying Millennials/Centennials on Free Speech

Post by Hoodlum Yeonsan » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:25 am

Artpop wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:24 am
Hoodlum Yeonsan wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:21 am
How do we get from more private schools to Mussolini?
I'm not here to provide education for you. In a free marketplace, I should get paid for that service.
You don't have the skills to bid for the truth. Got it.

User avatar
Artpop
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Surveying Millennials/Centennials on Free Speech

Post by Artpop » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:29 am

Hoodlum Yeonsan wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:25 am
You don't have the skills to bid for the truth. Got it.
You wouldn't know the truth if it looked exactly like your own hand. Why are you hitting yourself?
"Save a piece of chocolate cake for Sandy!!"

"Good times, bad food"

User avatar
Hoodlum Yeonsan
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Re: Surveying Millennials/Centennials on Free Speech

Post by Hoodlum Yeonsan » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:31 am

Artpop wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:29 am
Hoodlum Yeonsan wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:25 am
You don't have the skills to bid for the truth. Got it.
You wouldn't know the truth if it looked exactly like your own hand. Why are you hitting yourself?
To keep the blood flowing and keep myself hyped. My opponent has left the arena. I hope he comes back.

User avatar
Post Ghost
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Re: Surveying Millennials/Centennials on Free Speech

Post by Post Ghost » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:36 pm

According to that chart, I'm a millennial. I support universal healthcare and welfare for the poor, as I believe you can judge the strength of a country by how it treats its weakest citizens. I don't like Trump. However, I've had to abandon the Democrats, thanks to their newfound hatred for dissenting opinions. I can't support a political party that's doing its best to become the antagonists in Orwell's 1984 - policing our language, telling us how to think and feel, etc. People who do that are not liberals, they are neo-leftist authoritarians (no mistake that Antifa waves the Communist flag, since Communism is infamous for brutally suppressing free speech, not to mention the murder of over 500 million people worldwide).

I think that whenever someone starts virtue-signalling and trying to police the thoughts and language of others, that person (for whatever messed-up psychological reason) is on a power trip and trying to control other people, and hiding behind the banner of politics to justify this reprehensible behavior.

The social scientist Jordan Peterson suggests that these control freaks are unable to compete for top status in society, thanks to whatever personal failings, so they're forced to stand on a soapbox and pretend to be the protectors of the oppressed (this is your average social justice warrior) - meanwhile the control freak secretly couldn't care less about the fate of the oppressed, and is basically just trying to score brownie points with peers or get laid.

If a person's ideas are really wrong, you shouldn't need to shout them down or freak out about it. When you try to physically interfere with free speech, it usually means you lack the ability to rationally debate that speech and must use violence to oppress it. It's an automatic disqualification of your intellectual position, but the people who behave this way don't care about that because most of the time they're being disingenuous.

So there, I took part in your survey. Do I get a candy or what?

User avatar
Hoodlum Yeonsan
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Re: Surveying Millennials/Centennials on Free Speech

Post by Hoodlum Yeonsan » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:26 am

Post Ghost wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:36 pm
According to that chart, I'm a millennial. I support universal healthcare and welfare for the poor, as I believe you can judge the strength of a country by how it treats its weakest citizens. I don't like Trump. However, I've had to abandon the Democrats, thanks to their newfound hatred for dissenting opinions. I can't support a political party that's doing its best to become the antagonists in Orwell's 1984 - policing our language, telling us how to think and feel, etc. People who do that are not liberals, they are neo-leftist authoritarians (no mistake that Antifa waves the Communist flag, since Communism is infamous for brutally suppressing free speech, not to mention the murder of over 500 million people worldwide).

I think that whenever someone starts virtue-signalling and trying to police the thoughts and language of others, that person (for whatever messed-up psychological reason) is on a power trip and trying to control other people, and hiding behind the banner of politics to justify this reprehensible behavior.

The social scientist Jordan Peterson suggests that these control freaks are unable to compete for top status in society, thanks to whatever personal failings, so they're forced to stand on a soapbox and pretend to be the protectors of the oppressed (this is your average social justice warrior) - meanwhile the control freak secretly couldn't care less about the fate of the oppressed, and is basically just trying to score brownie points with peers or get laid.

If a person's ideas are really wrong, you shouldn't need to shout them down or freak out about it. When you try to physically interfere with free speech, it usually means you lack the ability to rationally debate that speech and must use violence to oppress it. It's an automatic disqualification of your intellectual position, but the people who behave this way don't care about that because most of the time they're being disingenuous.

So there, I took part in your survey. Do I get a candy or what?
You only get candy if someone starts messing with you, calls you a racist and you message boardicly beat him/her into a bloody pulp.

User avatar
Artpop
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Surveying Millennials/Centennials on Free Speech

Post by Artpop » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:17 pm

Post Ghost wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:36 pm
I don't like Trump. However, I've had to abandon the Democrats, thanks to their newfound hatred for dissenting opinions. I can't support a political party that's doing its best to become the antagonists in Orwell's 1984 - policing our language, telling us how to think and feel, etc. People who do that are not liberals, they are neo-leftist authoritarians (no mistake that Antifa waves the Communist flag, since Communism is infamous for brutally suppressing free speech, not to mention the murder of over 500 million people worldwide).

I think that whenever someone starts virtue-signalling and trying to police the thoughts and language of others, that person (for whatever messed-up psychological reason) is on a power trip and trying to control other people, and hiding behind the banner of politics to justify this reprehensible behavior.

The social scientist Jordan Peterson suggests that these control freaks are unable to compete for top status in society, thanks to whatever personal failings, so they're forced to stand on a soapbox and pretend to be the protectors of the oppressed (this is your average social justice warrior) - meanwhile the control freak secretly couldn't care less about the fate of the oppressed, and is basically just trying to score brownie points with peers or get laid.

If a person's ideas are really wrong, you shouldn't need to shout them down or freak out about it. When you try to physically interfere with free speech, it usually means you lack the ability to rationally debate that speech and must use violence to oppress it. It's an automatic disqualification of your intellectual position, but the people who behave this way don't care about that because most of the time they're being disingenuous.
"Save a piece of chocolate cake for Sandy!!"

"Good times, bad food"

Mr. Bill
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill
Posts: 715
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:01 am

Re: Surveying Millennials/Centennials on Free Speech

Post by Mr. Bill » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:35 pm

:lol:

Last edited by Mr. Bill on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest