Connect with us

Movies

TV: “True Blood” Loses Head Writer, Alan Ball Stepping Down…

Published

on

Alan Ball is stepping down as the head writer of “True Blood”.

I’m not entirely sure how much this will impact the upcoming 5th Season of HBO’s flagship sex and vampires odyssey. I do know that the show resumed production in November, so I have to assume that the majority of the upcoming season is pretty much mapped out. The show’s luxurious (around 14 days per episode) production schedule would allow for around 7 or so segments to be in the can. So it’s safe to say that the remaining 5 are outlined at the very least and the majority of them are scripted.

Not much reason has been given for Ball’s departure from the position (he will remain on the show in some capacity, I’m guessing as a producer) except for “exhaustion”. While that’s often PR code-speak for too much hard partying – but I don’t really think that’s the case here. Perhaps Ball is literally exhausted by pushing the show to ridiculous extremes? I don’t imagine he envisioned it being as patently ridiculous as it’s become when he was first getting it off the ground in 2007-2008.

Per Forbes, “Sookie and her pals from HBO’s True Blood are losing their creator. Alan Ball, I have confirmed, will step down from being headwriter of the show about sexy vampires mixing it up in New Orleans. Explanations include exhaustion, and maybe that the show seemed like it had tired blood last season. Ball will still be with the show, I’m told, but a new regime will guide the fates of the characters into their new season. This could also very well be a money issue, as series tend to get more and more expensive as they drag on.

Movies

‘Late Night with the Devil’ Now Available at Home; $14.99 to Buy, Streaming Free on Shudder

Published

on

The critically acclaimed horror movie Late Night With the Devil was released into theaters nationwide last month, and after scaring up over $10 million, it’s now available at home!

How and where can you watch Late Night with the Devil at home, you ask?

The easiest – and cheapest – way to watch Late Night with the Devil at home is to stream the film on Shudder, which is currently its exclusive streaming home. That will of course require a subscription to Shudder; if you don’t already have one of those – and you should! – you can sign up today and get the first seven days for free, with plans starting at $5.99 per month.

But Shudder isn’t the only place you can watch the film, even if it’s the only streaming service it’s available on. You can also digitally purchase Late Night with the Devil on platforms such as Prime Video and Fandango at Home (formerly Vudu), where it’ll cost you $14.99.

Check it out and then come on back here and let us know what you thought!

[Related] Satan Wants You: The Real Life Inspirations Behind ‘Late Night with the Devil’

David Dastmalchian (Dune, The Suicide Squad) stars as Jack Delroy, the charismatic host of “Night Owls,” and the film traces the ill-fated taping of a live Halloween special in 1977 plagued by a demonic presence. The energetic and innovative feature hails from Australian writing-directing team Colin and Cameron Cairnes (100 Bloody Acres, Scare Campaign). 

Meagan Navarro wrote in her review for Bloody Disgusting, “Late Night with the Devil captures the chaotic energy of a late night show, embracing the irreverent comedy and stress of live television with a pastiche style. It’s a clever trojan horse for a surprising horror movie that goes full throttle on unhinged demonic mayhem.”

Late Night with the Devil was also praised by both Stephen King and Kevin Smith, with King tweeting: “Late Night with the Devil. It’s absolutely brilliant. I couldn’t take my eyes off it. Your results may vary, as they say, but I urge you to watch it when you can.”

Continue Reading