Connect with us

Movies

Spielberg Still Thinks About Future of ‘Jaws’ Franchise

Published

on

With Jaws celebrating its 36th anniversary, AICN‘s Eric Vespe (aka Quint) recently got to chat with the man himself, Steven Spielberg, about the film and his career in general. We got a tidbit from the interview last week, when word got out that the Blu-ray is in the works without any sort of digital alterations (!), and now you can read the interview in its entirety right here.

Jaws is easily one of the most memorable films of all-time and it’s always been assumed that Spielberg was asked to come back for the sequel (which he turned down because hates shooting at sea). He moved onto greener pastures and left the franchise, but it seems as thought the shark that refused to work is always on his mind.

When asked about how he would have approached making a sequel, Spielberg responded, “No, no idea at all, but I have a very, very good scene which I thought would have been good for a sequel someday, which I will tell you someday because I don’t want it in print. But I’ll tell you my scene some day. Every time I think of this scene I think, ‘Hmmm, could this be another Jaws movie?’ and I have to immediately stop myself and immediately pull myself back down to Earth.

Now, the odds of him actually returning is probably slim to none, but the world would certainly be a better place for it. Each of the three follow-ups Universal made during the late 70’s and 80’s are either unwatchable or unintentionally hilarious (check past the break for the alternate ending of Jaws: The Revenge to see what I mean), and seeing him return would at least end the franchise on a sweet note – and not one that sounds like a mentally challenged lion.

Movies

Matilda Firth Joins the Cast of Director Leigh Whannell’s ‘Wolf Man’ Movie

Published

on

Pictured: Matilda Firth in 'Christmas Carole'

Filming is underway on The Invisible Man director Leigh Whannell’s Wolf Man for Universal and Blumhouse, which will be howling its way into theaters on January 17, 2025.

Deadline reports that Matilda Firth (Disenchanted) is the latest actor to sign on, joining Christopher Abbott (Poor Things),  Julia Garner (The Royal Hotel), and Sam Jaeger.

The project will mark Whannell’s second monster movie and fourth directing collaboration with Blumhouse Productions (The Invisible Man, Upgrade, Insidious: Chapter 3).

Wolf Man stars Christopher Abbott as a man whose family is being terrorized by a lethal predator.

Writers include Whannell & Corbett Tuck as well as Lauren Schuker Blum & Rebecca Angelo.

Jason Blum is producing the film. Ryan Gosling, Ken Kao, Bea Sequeira, Mel Turner and Whannell are executive producers. Wolf Man is a Blumhouse and Motel Movies production.

In the wake of the failed Dark Universe, Leigh Whannell’s The Invisible Man has been the only real success story for the Universal Monsters brand, which has been struggling with recent box office flops including the comedic Renfield and period horror movie The Last Voyage of the Demeter. Giving him the keys to the castle once more seems like a wise idea, to say the least.

Wolf Man 2024

Continue Reading