Connect with us

Movies

Kevin Williamson Spills More on ‘Scream IV’

Published

on

There have been so many rumors and so much speculation behind Dimension Films’ highly anticipated Scream IV, which is supposed to go behind camera this coming April. As of right now, Wes Craven should be directing (again) with Neve Campbell, David Arquette and Courteney Cox all returning to solve another “Ghostface” mystery. IESB caught up with screenwriter Kevin Williamson who not only confirms Craven’s involvement, but also chats up some story details. Read on for the skinny.
With all of the stars returning, Williamson’s original version of the story will be hitting the big screen — with no compromise.

I’m almost done with the first draft of Scream 4,” he tells IESB.net. “I’m trying to get that together for Wes Craven. We’ve got to get going on that, during the hiatus. We have Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox and Dave Arquette. I was always holding out hope because the pitch was about those three characters. I didn’t want to have to re-route the whole story. We don’t have to do that. I can do it exactly the way I want wanted. The story is going to be told the way I originally conceived it.

He also chats about the strong mystery of who this Ghostface will be.

Well, that’s the whole point of the movie,” he tells the site. “What I have always liked about this movie versus the other horror films is that I feel like there are characters. In other horror movies, you remember Michael Meyers and you remember Jason. In our film, I think you remember Sydney Prescott because Sydney Prescott’s the victim and she has lasted for all three of these movies. The fun of the film is that it’s Sydney Prescott. That’s the difference and you care about her. I want to write a story where you actually care about our characters and it’s a plot that you watch them walk through. It’s not all about the next kill. It’s not all about slice and dice. I was watching Saw VI on pay per view the other night and I was like, “This is really just going from one kill to the next, to the next.” It’s fun, but I want to tell a story.

Williamson also confirms he’s locked in for Scream 4 and 5 and that it is a planned trilogy. Let’s see if this even goes before cameras first.

Horror movie fanatic who co-founded Bloody Disgusting in 2001. Producer on Southbound, V/H/S/2/3/94, SiREN, Under the Bed, and A Horrible Way to Die. Chicago-based. Horror, pizza and basketball connoisseur. Taco Bell daily. Franchise favs: Hellraiser, Child's Play, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Friday the 13th. Horror 365 days a year.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Movies

Matilda Firth Joins the Cast of Director Leigh Whannell’s ‘Wolf Man’ Movie

Published

on

Pictured: Matilda Firth in 'Christmas Carole'

Filming is underway on The Invisible Man director Leigh Whannell’s Wolf Man for Universal and Blumhouse, which will be howling its way into theaters on January 17, 2025.

Deadline reports that Matilda Firth (Disenchanted) is the latest actor to sign on, joining Christopher Abbott (Poor Things),  Julia Garner (The Royal Hotel), and Sam Jaeger.

The project will mark Whannell’s second monster movie and fourth directing collaboration with Blumhouse Productions (The Invisible Man, Upgrade, Insidious: Chapter 3).

Wolf Man stars Christopher Abbott as a man whose family is being terrorized by a lethal predator.

Writers include Whannell & Corbett Tuck as well as Lauren Schuker Blum & Rebecca Angelo.

Jason Blum is producing the film. Ryan Gosling, Ken Kao, Bea Sequeira, Mel Turner and Whannell are executive producers. Wolf Man is a Blumhouse and Motel Movies production.

In the wake of the failed Dark Universe, Leigh Whannell’s The Invisible Man has been the only real success story for the Universal Monsters brand, which has been struggling with recent box office flops including the comedic Renfield and period horror movie The Last Voyage of the Demeter. Giving him the keys to the castle once more seems like a wise idea, to say the least.

Wolf Man 2024

Continue Reading