Connect with us

Movies

Kevin Williamson Spills More on ‘Scream IV’

Published

on

There have been so many rumors and so much speculation behind Dimension Films’ highly anticipated Scream IV, which is supposed to go behind camera this coming April. As of right now, Wes Craven should be directing (again) with Neve Campbell, David Arquette and Courteney Cox all returning to solve another “Ghostface” mystery. IESB caught up with screenwriter Kevin Williamson who not only confirms Craven’s involvement, but also chats up some story details. Read on for the skinny.
With all of the stars returning, Williamson’s original version of the story will be hitting the big screen — with no compromise.

I’m almost done with the first draft of Scream 4,” he tells IESB.net. “I’m trying to get that together for Wes Craven. We’ve got to get going on that, during the hiatus. We have Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox and Dave Arquette. I was always holding out hope because the pitch was about those three characters. I didn’t want to have to re-route the whole story. We don’t have to do that. I can do it exactly the way I want wanted. The story is going to be told the way I originally conceived it.

He also chats about the strong mystery of who this Ghostface will be.

Well, that’s the whole point of the movie,” he tells the site. “What I have always liked about this movie versus the other horror films is that I feel like there are characters. In other horror movies, you remember Michael Meyers and you remember Jason. In our film, I think you remember Sydney Prescott because Sydney Prescott’s the victim and she has lasted for all three of these movies. The fun of the film is that it’s Sydney Prescott. That’s the difference and you care about her. I want to write a story where you actually care about our characters and it’s a plot that you watch them walk through. It’s not all about the next kill. It’s not all about slice and dice. I was watching Saw VI on pay per view the other night and I was like, “This is really just going from one kill to the next, to the next.” It’s fun, but I want to tell a story.

Williamson also confirms he’s locked in for Scream 4 and 5 and that it is a planned trilogy. Let’s see if this even goes before cameras first.

Horror movie fanatic who co-founded Bloody Disgusting in 2001. Producer on Southbound, V/H/S/2/3/94, SiREN, Under the Bed, and A Horrible Way to Die. Chicago-based. Horror, pizza and basketball connoisseur. Taco Bell daily. Franchise favs: Hellraiser, Child's Play, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Friday the 13th. Horror 365 days a year.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Movies

Julia Garner Joins Horror Movie ‘Weapons’ from the Director of ‘Barbarian’

Published

on

'Apartment 7A' - Filming Wraps on ‘Relic’ Director's Next Starring “Ozark’s” Julia Garner!
Pictured: Julia Garner in 'We Are What We Are'

In addition to Leigh Whannell’s upcoming Universal Monsters movie Wolf Man, Julia Garner (The Royal Hotel) has also joined the cast of Weapons, THR has announced tonight.

Weapons is the new horror movie from New Line Cinema and director Zach Cregger (Barbarian), with Julia Garner joining the previously announced Josh Brolin (Dune 2).

The upcoming Weapons is from writer/director Zach Cregger, who will also produce alongside his Barbarian producing team: Roy Lee of Vertigo and J.D. Lifshitz and Raphael Margules of BoulderLight Pictures. Vertigo’s Miri Yoon also produces.

The Hollywood Reporter teases, “Plot details for Weapons are being kept holstered but it is described as a multi and inter-related story horror epic that tonally is in the vein of Magnolia, the 1999 actor-crammed showcase from filmmaker Paul Thomas Anderson.”

Cregger was a founding member and writer for the New York comedy troupe “The Whitest Kids U’Know,” which he started while attending The School of Visual Arts. The award-winning group’s self-titled sketch comedy show ran for five seasons on IFC-TV and Fuse. He was also a series regular on Jimmy Fallon’s NBC series “Guys with Kids” and the TBS hit series “Wrecked,” and was featured in a recurring role on the NBC series “About a Boy.”

Weapons will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures.

Continue Reading