Connect with us

Movies

Paramount vs Twisted Pictures/Lionsgate Day 2: Greutert Being ‘Tortured’

Published

on

Poor Kevin Greutert, you’ve got to feel for the guy. I understand business is business and contracts are contracts, but when you’re using a guy just to get back at a studio that’s just wrong and lacks in ethics. I also understand that there’s a lot of money riding on this whole feud between Paramount and Twisted Pictures/Lionsgate, but seriously folks, when is enough money enough? After six Saw films, these guys will never have to work another day in their life (if they don’t want to), while Greutert is just starting his filmmaking career. In my opinion, forcing Greutert back to direct Saw VII 3D instead of Paranormal Activity 2 – just so the two films won’t open against each other on October 22 – is like watching the producers of the Saw franchise dive into a charity fountain and swim for quarters. Am I wrong? Please, tell me if I am. Anyways, Greutert published a blog earlier today expressing his pain in the situation. It’s shocking to see something so public before a film goes into production — but wouldn’t you be pissed? Read what he had to say below.
Get up to date on the situation by reading here and here:

Removed from Kevin Greutert’s blog

I just had the task of telling my 83 year old mother that no, I’m not going to be allowed to direct the movie we were all so excited about when my family last got together, and that I’m being forced to leave town before getting a chance to see her again. Yes, I’ll be filming people getting tortured YET AGAIN. So we’ll have to put off me making a film she can actually watch for another year. I’m not making this shit up.

Horror movie fanatic who co-founded Bloody Disgusting in 2001. Producer on Southbound, V/H/S/2/3/94, SiREN, Under the Bed, and A Horrible Way to Die. Chicago-based. Horror, pizza and basketball connoisseur. Taco Bell daily. Franchise favs: Hellraiser, Child's Play, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Friday the 13th. Horror 365 days a year.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Movies

‘Drop’ – Violett Beane Joins the Cast of Christopher Landon’s New Thriller

Published

on

Pictured: Violett Beane in 'Death and Other Details' (2024)

Christopher Landon (Happy Death Day, Freaky) is staying busy here in 2024, directing not only the werewolf movie Big Bad but also an upcoming thriller titled Drop.

The project for Blumhouse and Platinum Dunes is being described as a “fast-paced thriller,” and Deadline reports today that Violett Beane (Truth or Dare) has joined the cast.

Newcomer Jacob Robinson has also signed on to star in the mysterious thriller. Previously announced, Meghann Fahy (“White Lotus”) will be leading the cast.

Landon recently teased on Twitter, “This is my love letter to DePalma.”

Jillian Jacobs and Chris Roach wrote the script.

Michael Bay, Jason Blum, Brad Fuller and Cameron Fuller — “who brought the script in to Platinum Dunes” — are producing the upcoming Drop. Sam Lerner is an executive producer.

THR notes, “The film is a Platinum Dunes and Blumhouse production for Universal.”

Continue Reading