Best Place to Start?

Some of us really do know how to read!
Post Reply
KingCobra686
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:54 pm

Best Place to Start?

Post by KingCobra686 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:48 pm

Kind of a broad question, but I figured I would ask anyway. Where are some good places to start if I want to start reading a lot more books in the horror genre?

I've read a lot of random horror books in the past, but not as much as I would want. I grew up on Goosebumps books and other similar series in elementary school, and those are what lead to me getting into horror movies after that. I've read an ok amount of the bigger titles from Stephen King and Dean Koontz, but most of those were back in high school and I plan on rereading them anyway. I've read various other books from the genre and some older classics like Dracula and Phantom of the Opera, but thats about it. If I looked around at my bins of books in the attic I would probably remember more, but thats all I have off the top of my head.

I'm currently rereading IT in anticipation for the movie coming this summer. After that I will probably keep going with more of King's stuff, but I wouldnt mind checking out other authors too. Its a bit overwhelming trying to decide where to start though.

Any good suggestions would be appreciated.

User avatar
Mr. Awesome
The Living Dead
The Living Dead
Posts: 2622
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:48 am
Location: Long Island
Contact:

Re: Best Place to Start?

Post by Mr. Awesome » Wed May 31, 2017 8:59 pm

KingCobra686 wrote:Kind of a broad question, but I figured I would ask anyway. Where are some good places to start if I want to start reading a lot more books in the horror genre?
The library.
Image

User avatar
TexasSnacks
The Living Dead
The Living Dead
Posts: 2925
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:09 am

Re: Best Place to Start?

Post by TexasSnacks » Wed May 31, 2017 9:51 pm

Mr. Awesome wrote:
KingCobra686 wrote:Kind of a broad question, but I figured I would ask anyway. Where are some good places to start if I want to start reading a lot more books in the horror genre?
The library.
And welcome to BD! :lol:

Here's the book thread, ask for Mayday and don't forget to tip you waitress.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=63&start=330
Image

User avatar
Mayday
The Living Dead
The Living Dead
Posts: 4768
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:29 pm
Location: Mega-City One

Re: Best Place to Start?

Post by Mayday » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:02 pm

TexasSnacks wrote:
Mr. Awesome wrote:
KingCobra686 wrote:Kind of a broad question, but I figured I would ask anyway. Where are some good places to start if I want to start reading a lot more books in the horror genre?
The library.
And welcome to BD! :lol:

Here's the book thread, ask for Mayday and don't forget to tip you waitress.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=63&start=330
Haha. Thx TS.
I've posted a bunch about horror authors (as I've read quite a smattering of them over the years). If you have any questions about any I've read/recommended or others not mentioned you've heard of, feel free to post here, there or private message me.
Image
Image

User avatar
The Vigilante
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:22 am

Re: Best Place to Start?

Post by The Vigilante » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:40 am

The perfect place to start is with the Tales from the Crypt comics.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest