Connect with us

Home Video

Horror In Your House: January 17th, 2012

Published

on

Horror In Your House: January 17th, 2012 A couple indie horror flicks have made their way to release this week and, well, that’s about it. Both films have a decidedly South of the border flavor to them (One out of Argentina, the other takes place around the US/Mexico border).

COLD SWEAT (Sudor Frio) – Dark Sky Films

When Roman’s girlfriend disappears, he expects to find her in the arms of another man. And find her he does but there is no lover on the scene, only a pair of crazy old men keeping her locked away in the basement of their crumbling mansion. Armed with wild-eyed political ideals and case after case of decades-old and highly unstable dynamite, the villainous duo are conducting illicit experiments on a string of young women lured to their home via the internet. If Roman cannot free his young love, she is likely to end up in pieces, thanks in part to a generous slathering of nitro-glycerine.

MICAH SAYS: Can’t say anything about the movie as I haven’t seen it yet, but the poster was one of my favorites of last year (Google: “Sudor Frio Poster”. It’s the one with the red gas mask). The film has, however, been generating positive buzz ever since screening at SXSW in 2011.

UNDOCUMENTED – IFC Independent

There are estimates that over a million people attempt to cross illegally from Mexico to the United States every year – some succeed, some don’t. Aspiring director Travis (Scott Mechlowicz, Peaceful Warrior, Euro Trip) and his crew make the journey themselves in order to chronicle the phenomenon of undocumented immigration, but after crossing the border seemingly unnoticed they encounter a band of violent right-wing radicals determined to carry out the sort of ‘justice’ that the legal system cannot.

MICAH SAYS: One of my favorite films of last year. It barely missed out on being in my Top Ten. No matter what side of the fence you’re on there’s plenty to enjoy here. And speaking of posters, this one has a funny tongue in cheek knockoff of the Facebook movie AND a bad ass Uncle Sam poster as well. PICK OF THE WEEK. Cold Sweat DVD

Home Video

Gateway Horror Classic ‘The Gate’ Returns to Life With Blu-ray SteelBook in May

Published

on

One of my personal favorite horror movies of all time, 1987’s gateway horror classic The Gate is opening back up on May 14 with a brand new Blu-ray SteelBook release from Lionsgate!

The new release will feature fresh SteelBook artwork from Vance Kelly, seen below.

Special Features, all of which were previously released, include…

• Audio Commentaries
    • Director Tibor Takacs, Writer Michael Nankin, and Special Effects Designer & Supervisor Randall William Cook
    • Special Effects Designer & Supervisor Randall William Cook, Special Make-Up Effects Artist Craig Reardon, Special Effects Artist Frank Carere, and Matte Photographer Bill Taylor
  • Isolated Score Selections and Audio Interview
  • Featurettes:
    • The Gate: Unlocked
    • Minion Maker
    • From Hell It Came
    • The Workman Speaks!
    • Made in Canada
    • From Hell: The Creatures & Demons of The Gate
    • The Gatekeepers
    • Vintage Featurette: Making of The Gate
  • Teaser Trailer
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • TV Spot
  • Storyboard Gallery
  • Behind-the-Scenes Still Gallery

When best friends Glen (Stephen Dorff) and Terry (Louis Tripp) stumble across a mysterious crystalline rock in Glen’s backyard, they quickly dig up the newly sodden lawn searching for more precious stones. Instead, they unearth The Gate — an underground chamber of terrifying demonic evil. The teenagers soon understand what evil they’ve released as they are overcome with an assortment of horrific experiences. With fiendish followers invading suburbia, it’s now up to the kids to discover the secret that can lock The Gate forever . . . if it’s not too late.

If you’ve never seen The Gate, it’s now streaming on Prime Video and Tubi.

Continue Reading