What concerts have you been to/going to ?

Talk music here
gunsrazorsknives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Re: What concerts have you been to/going to ?

Post by gunsrazorsknives » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:39 am

Harrenhal wrote:
gunsrazorsknives wrote:
Iggy wrote: Lucky! I wanted to see them, but Orlando was just out of reach for me. Hoping they do another leg of American shows at some point.

$250 for the ticket I got. Concert prices are so expensive over here but I'm sure it'll be worth it.
250? Is this the regular price or a black market one? I pay 180€ for an entire festival, but not a single show. :shock:
That is regular price, and one at the cheapest end of the spectrum. The VIP tickets are going for $500+

Big name artists always charge ridiculous amounts when they come here, it's because we're so far away and it cost them heaps to haul their gear here.

I paid $300 for Madonna and that was a regular seat. Deftones was $100. You get the idea. The only artists to charge less than $100 are local Aussie bands.

Iggy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Iggy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:48 am

Harrenhal wrote:
gunsrazorsknives wrote:
Iggy wrote: Lucky! I wanted to see them, but Orlando was just out of reach for me. Hoping they do another leg of American shows at some point.

$250 for the ticket I got. Concert prices are so expensive over here but I'm sure it'll be worth it.
250? Is this the regular price or a black market one? I pay 180€ for an entire festival, but not a single show. :shock:
Pretty sure it's regular price. GNR got back together so they could have an excuse to jack up prices.

NeedlesKane
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by NeedlesKane » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:48 am

Seeing Streetlight Manifesto for the third time in October in DC. Tickets were pretty cheap considering how fuckin amazing they are.

Other than that my last concert was quite a while ago. Slightly Stoopid last November.

Last time I spend over 100 on tickets was in 2010 when I saw system of a down with the deftones. Was worth it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Bloody Disgusting

ItsAScreamBaby
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by ItsAScreamBaby » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:48 am

I've seen Iron Maiden and Velvet Revolver Live. Such great experiences. I'm hoping to go to a Limp Bizkit gig soon. They're my favourite band. It was actually because of WWE that i got into them. Rollin' was the first Limp Bizkit song they played on the show, and i was like "I like their style".

Iggy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Iggy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:30 pm

Well, December 10th it's that time of the year again for me. Time to head to Coral Springs Florida for an all day event with Iron Maiden drummer Nicko McBrain, where they'll be barbecue, live Iron Maiden music and a photo/autograph session with Nicko himself!

aaronmb
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by aaronmb » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:40 am

Saw Huntress last week and Metal Church this past Saturday. Both were amazing.
Seeing Death Angel/Anthrax/Slayer on Thursday and Grave Digger/Blind Guardian on Sat.

gwally
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by gwally » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:28 am

I'll be seeing Ghost in Cleveland tonight.

Iggy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Iggy » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:08 pm

gwally wrote:I'll be seeing Ghost in Cleveland tonight.

Awesome Gwally. You don't look like the typical Ghost fan. :lol:

Harrenhal
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Harrenhal » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:34 pm

gwally wrote:I'll be seeing Ghost in Cleveland tonight.

You'll having a blast, I promise you! They are a sensational live band and Papa Emeritus a very charismatic frontman. :D
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything, if I had a penis for one day. Oh man, I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Voodoo Dolly

gwally
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by gwally » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:22 am

Iggy wrote:Awesome Gwally. You don't look like the typical Ghost fan. :lol:
:mrgreen: I'm pretty sure I saw them mentioned in one of the music threads over on the old boards. I can't seem to remember the B-D member from Norway who hung out in the music threads, but I'm pretty sure it was him who suggested a few of their tunes.
Harrenhal wrote:You'll having a blast, I promise you! They are a sensational live band and Papa Emeritus a very charismatic frontman. :D
Yeah, it was a good time! I saw them at House of Blues back in 2013 so I knew pretty much what to expect, but this show was so much better! Except for the opening act. :| A synth duo our of Pittsburgh, PA. I listened to some of their stuff on Youtube beforehand and I thought they had a decent sound, but it really didn't translate well to their live act. Baroness opened for them in '13 and while I'm not a big fan of theirs, they REALLY rocked the house! Papa was on top of his shit too! There was so much more (but not too much) interaction with the audience this time. Excellent show!