Connect with us

Movies

Who Is Nolan Funk And Why Is He In ‘Riddick’?

Published

on

I always forget that Riddick is actually happening. But it is! David Twohy is currently directing the Vin Diesel starrer which recently resumed production after taking a two-month hiatus to deal with production cost issues.

Who is Nolan Funk? Per Variety he’s a fellow who “can be seen next in the Bold Films pic ‘Evidence’ and just wrapped the co-lead role in the ABC Family pilot “Intercept.”

Why is he in Riddick? I have no idea. Neither does Variety it seems. We know that Katee Sackhoff plays Dahl, a Nordic mercenary tracking Riddick. We also know that Jordi Malla plays Santana, a mercenary who heads up an eight-man crew tasked with finding and killing Riddick.

Maybe Funk is another guy tracking down Riddick? Or perhaps he’s an intergalactic anime karaoke star? Because he’s kind of got that Robotech pop star thing going on in the pic below.

Movies

‘Drop’ – Violett Beane Joins the Cast of Christopher Landon’s New Thriller

Published

on

Pictured: Violett Beane in 'Death and Other Details' (2024)

Christopher Landon (Happy Death Day, Freaky) is staying busy here in 2024, directing not only the werewolf movie Big Bad but also an upcoming thriller titled Drop.

The project for Blumhouse and Platinum Dunes is being described as a “fast-paced thriller,” and Deadline reports today that Violett Beane (Truth or Dare) has joined the cast.

Newcomer Jacob Robinson has also signed on to star in the mysterious thriller. Previously announced, Meghann Fahy (“White Lotus”) will be leading the cast.

Landon recently teased on Twitter, “This is my love letter to DePalma.”

Jillian Jacobs and Chris Roach wrote the script.

Michael Bay, Jason Blum, Brad Fuller and Cameron Fuller — “who brought the script in to Platinum Dunes” — are producing the upcoming Drop. Sam Lerner is an executive producer.

THR notes, “The film is a Platinum Dunes and Blumhouse production for Universal.”

Continue Reading