Fallout Discussion

Discuss your favorite games and systems here.
Decimus
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Fallout Discussion

Post by Decimus » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:47 pm

All thoughts, and talk about Fallout.. One, Two, Three, New Vegas, Four, Fallout Shelter

A brilliant series......

If you're playing Fallout.. any of the games, and maybe you stopped a save and haven't gone back or just went back.

Have you ever played any of the games? Did one make an impact???

I'm still playing 4. With mods. I' can't stop.. I have several characters unmodded and multiple accounts using mods. So much well.......

New Vegas and F4... so stuck and addicted.

_Blakelock_
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Re: Fallout Discussion

Post by _Blakelock_ » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:37 pm

I started with Fallout 3, great game, not perfect, but great.

At the time New Vegas was new I enjoyed it but it took a few years for me to really appreciate the game. Again it's not perfect, but I think this is the best one we've got due to the upgrades they brought over and the great DLC that's incredibly deep with its storylines and giving you plenty to do and see.

Fallout 4 is outstanding, but it's still not perfect. I think they also rely way too much on the community to make mods then making content for the game. Far Harbor was bland, Nuka World was just okay. The other DLC is shit, it's fallout, I don't wanna catch fucking monsters.

Fallout 1/2/Tactics, while still having the good writing for its stories and lore, can fuck off with its gameplay style. They made the right choice going from isometric to FPS with part three. There's no way the series would have reached as high as it has had they stuck with the original gameplay.

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:37 pm

New Vegas is probably the most disappointed I've ever been in a game. Maybe RE6.

_Blakelock_
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by _Blakelock_ » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:44 pm

Se7en wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:37 pm
New Vegas is probably the most disappointed I've ever been in a game. Maybe RE6.
You shut your whore mouth.

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:11 pm

_Blakelock_ wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:44 pm
Se7en wrote:
You shut your whore mouth.
aim down sight sucks

world sucks

more story based which sucks

feels like an expansion

didn't play DLC but FO3 is my favorite DLC ever soooooo

edit

And holy fuck was that game ever broken as shit on launch

Decimus
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Decimus » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:06 pm

Se7en wrote:
I'm with you on RE6. :!:

New Vegas is awesome, but I take my time with it, like a turkey carving. Steer the camera like a director making a movie. I'm never fast paced, with any Fallout game. Vegas does tho feel like a big DLC. I hate the walk and run transition "glitch" too, like in 3.

Decimus
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Decimus » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:14 pm

_Blakelock_ wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:37 pm

Fallout 4 is outstanding, but it's still not perfect. I think they also rely way too much on the community to make mods then making content for the game. Far Harbor was bland, Nuka World was just okay. The other DLC is shit, it's fallout, I don't wanna catch fucking monsters.
Yeah, the mods really keep shit alive.

The crafting is great, but there were some minor issues they could have easily fixed before release. :evil:

They have to figure out a way.. to allow the character (you and I) to KILL everything in our path in order for the purest evil to bloom. I want to be a hero..AND I want to be a vicious son of a bitch.. and F4 is too linear. You can be a sociopath, but you can't be a full on sadistic bringer of destruction.

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:32 pm

Decimus wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:06 pm
Se7en wrote:

New Vegas is awesome, but I take my time with it, like a turkey carving. Steer the camera like a director making a movie. I'm never fast paced, with any Fallout game. Vegas does tho feel like a big DLC. I hate the walk and run transition "glitch" too, like in 3.

Sounds cool and all but I got shit to do

Decimus
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Decimus » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:35 pm

Se7en wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:32 pm
Decimus wrote:
Se7en wrote:

While you're playing a game ?

I try not to multi-task that hard.

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:21 pm

Decimus wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:35 pm
Se7en wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:32 pm
Decimus wrote:

While you're playing a game ?

I try not to multi-task that hard.
No but I sunk at least 100 hours into F03 and the last thing I would need then (couldn't happen now) is to take it slow and pretend I'm a director