Racist Gamers

Discuss your favorite games and systems here.
vampiremcmuffin
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Racist Gamers

Post by vampiremcmuffin » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:27 pm

Does anyone else encounter players in online games who are either questionably or just out right admittedly racist?

I ask because I am a huge fan of Grand Theft Auto V Online and my character is a white guy covered in tattoos with a mohawk. It seems like whenever I am in freemode and there are a lot of other players online I seem to usually have black characters following me quite a lot and using an overkill amount of derogatory racist remarks through their microphones. Just the other day I was playing an online mission and had teammates. One of them kept killing me in various ways which is difficult to do to your own teammates and is an indication they are doing it on purpose. I sent the guy a message and asked him what his deal was and his reply was "reparation bitch".

The same thing happens in any WWE game I play online. When I wrestle against someone using a white character they usually play it pretty standard with the exceptional few who spam glitched moves and whatnot but I notice when I play against people using black characters there is always extreme lag and over-use of glitched moves. Them also using derogatory racist words is an indication as well.

I used to use video games as a way to relax but it is hard to do that when I cant even play a game because 150 years later someone still has a stick up their ass.

If this has offended anyone of color I apologize, I am not directing this post at you, just the people who cannot be civil enough to play a video game.

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Re: Racist Gamers

Post by Se7en » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:16 pm

You care way too much about this. These people are children.

vampiremcmuffin
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by vampiremcmuffin » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:24 pm

Some yeah, but a lot of the ones who talk on their microphones sound pretty damn grown up to me.

RustyNailFromHell
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse
Location: Between your girlfriend legs, while her parents watch with approval.

Post by RustyNailFromHell » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:45 pm

I came across lots of racism in GTAV online, some of it gotten so bad that sessions were shut down. It comes from adults, and children.

vampiremcmuffin
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by vampiremcmuffin » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:09 pm

RustyNailFromHell wrote:I came across lots of racism in GTAV online, some of it gotten so bad that sessions were shut down. It comes from adults, and children.
The sad part is most of the kids you hear on the mic shouldnt even be playing a game like that in the first place.

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:51 pm

I meant children as in these people aren't normal, happy, functioning human beings.

gunsrazorsknives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by gunsrazorsknives » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:13 am

Post some examples

Iggy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Iggy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:48 am

Been called a wetback many a time while playing Madden. I turn it right back on them though, till it's an all out verbal argument.

RustyNailFromHell
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse
Location: Between your girlfriend legs, while her parents watch with approval.

Post by RustyNailFromHell » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:29 am

vampiremcmuffin wrote:
RustyNailFromHell wrote:I came across lots of racism in GTAV online, some of it gotten so bad that sessions were shut down. It comes from adults, and children.
The sad part is most of the kids you hear on the mic shouldnt even be playing a game like that in the first place.
That's lazy parenting for ya. :|

Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Midnight-Kroovy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:36 am

Don't take things online seriously, especially gaming. It's no limits banter.