Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

Discuss your favorite games and systems here.
Biohazardous
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Re: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

Post by Biohazardous » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:53 pm

I thought it's a decent game, but not as mind-blowing as I expected. Maybe it was just over-hyped for me, but I was disappointed. It's hard to point to one specific issue, but the overall problem for me was that it didn't feel very scary or tense. It felt like it was trying to be all realistic, but actually playing the game felt very game-y so that clashed for me. I think they should have made it a new IP instead of shoehorning resident evil stuff into it. It just really pales in comparison to Outlast and Alien: Isolation for me. I hope the next resident evil will be something completely different, which is unfortunately unlikely due to the success of this one.

Decimus
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Decimus » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:14 pm

Biohazardous wrote:I thought it's a decent game, but not as mind-blowing as I expected. Maybe it was just over-hyped for me, but I was disappointed. It's hard to point to one specific issue, but the overall problem for me was that it didn't feel very scary or tense. It felt like it was trying to be all realistic, but actually playing the game felt very game-y so that clashed for me. I think they should have made it a new IP instead of shoehorning resident evil stuff into it. It just really pales in comparison to Outlast and Alien: Isolation for me. I hope the next resident evil will be something completely different, which is unfortunately unlikely due to the success of this one.

If you went in thinking it was going to be mind blowing.. you wrecked yourself.

RE 4, 5 and 6. Capcom miscalculated and made disposable actioners with monsters.

RE VII isn't perfect.. but it's a brave attempt in the face of fans expecting crumbs from the table of wonked and far stretched out ideas.

Comparing it to Outlast is unfair. RE isn't OL and OL isn't RE.

I can't wait for Outlast II though. .

freidadye
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by freidadye » Wed May 10, 2017 2:37 am

This is such a nice game I must say.

Aaronmig
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard

Post by Aaronmig » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:08 pm

Im playing both of these on my PS3 and theyre really good zombie games. The graphics are updated and look really realistic and they didnt add any bad changes to these games. Just things like costumes for the main characters and slightly different gameplay options.

These games are also for ps4, xbox 360, and xbox one. Great for anyone who likes old school Resident Evil.