Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

Discuss your favorite games and systems here.
Decimus
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

Post by Decimus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:35 pm

Game of the year IMO. The year is young. More bad ass games will be added to the list as time rolls accordingly... but as a true RE fan and having to sit through Paul Anderson's shit and the last 3 RE games.... RE7 is like a nuclear blast of what made the franchise creepy, sexy and necessarily complicated in the first place..

..Of the pantheon of horror games taken to town through critics and flown through the Bermuda triangle of shit lately... RE7 is a masterpiece.

( they could have included a few zombies in the mix to really throwback to the originals... but.. it wasn't mandatory..)

Ashs_lil_deadite
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Re: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

Post by Ashs_lil_deadite » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:42 am

Omg. Game of the Year sounds good for this game! It was legit scary as hell and reminded my why I was a fan to begin with. I am okay with the absence of Zombies. Plus Marg's Yeast infection...nest was disgusting enough

Decimus
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Decimus » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:41 pm

Paul Anderson got away with a crime.

It looks like he'll savor his failure in the worst way. He doesn't think it was a failure.

RE7 is a sledgehammer to his face though... :mrgreen:

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:21 am

Decimus wrote:Paul Anderson got away with a crime.

It looks like he'll savor his failure in the worst way. He doesn't think it was a failure.

He's one of the most renowned auteurs in the film business. You think he wouldn't be proud of his work? Say what you want about them, they are his. He doesn't get given tens of millions of dollars for this shit for no reason.

Decimus
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Decimus » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:12 am

Se7en wrote:

He's one of the most renowned auteurs in the film business. You think he wouldn't be proud of his work? Say what you want about them, they are his. He doesn't get given tens of millions of dollars for this shit for no reason.
Do I think he wouldn't be proud of what he did..? No.

He gains millions from using the RE name to hustle idiots. I'm not saying you're an idiot though.

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:37 am

Decimus wrote:
Se7en wrote:

He gains millions from using the RE name to hustle idiots. I'm not saying you're an idiot though.
Lol it's okay, I honestly used to hate the franchise because of my attachment to the games. It's only been recently with Retribution picking up a lot of fans that I finally hopped on the bandwagon.

Studio filmmaking is pretty much based on hustling idiots. I'll take Resident Evil over the vast majority of big budget films any day of the week.

Decimus
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Decimus » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:45 am

Se7en wrote:
Decimus wrote:
Se7en wrote:He's one of the most renowned auteurs in the film business. You think he wouldn't be proud of his work? Say what you want about them, they are his. He doesn't get given tens of millions of dollars for this shit for no reason.

Lol it's okay, I honestly used to hate the franchise because of my attachment to the games. It's only been recently with Retribution picking up a lot of fans that I finally hopped on the bandwagon.

Studio filmmaking is pretty much based on hustling idiots. I'll take Resident Evil over the vast majority of big budget films any day of the week.
Sly. ;)

ThatIrishGuy
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by ThatIrishGuy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:02 am

I am enjoying the hell out of this one!

"What's a clown doing here? Everyone knows the only thing scarier than a horde of zombies is a clown. Behold the true face of fear!"

Iggy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Iggy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:15 am

This game is gonna be a classic. So fucking great!

Oh, and I loved the song they used in the advertisements. Very moody and fitting..... Go tell Aunt Rhody, that everybody's DEAD!.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzCyF0lrioc

BizarreASMR
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by BizarreASMR » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:21 pm

I was a bit let down by this game. Anyone else? Some aspects I loved. Some I was totally disappointed with. The monsters vs zombies were annoying to me. The bugs. After a while it just felt stale. I was hoping for more of an Outlast feel I guess.
Bizarre ASMR Youtube. Scary stories, True horror tales, ASMR, Paranormal and more. \
https://www.youtube.com/bizarreasmr