Friday The 13th: The Game

Discuss your favorite games and systems here.
_Blakelock_
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Re: Friday The 13th: The Game

Post by _Blakelock_ » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:29 am

Cryptus wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:29 am
_Blakelock_ wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:45 pm
I wanna pick the game up but I'm holding out till the single player shows up. I know the online has it's issues and really don't want a game that only partially works.
Partially works? If you're talking about the server issues those have looong been fixed. In fact practically everything that was problematic at launch is fixed now. Me and Ox played it last night for like 3 hours without any issues. Find games in less than a minute. There's still the random gameplay bug now and again, but they're at nominal levels for pretty much any online game.

Single player is only going to be little bite sized challenges. It's not gonna be like a full blown story mode.
Yup, I said partially. Everytime I see a news bit about the game the comment section is loaded with people that have connection issues. One of my buddies who’s local to me still has issues finding games. I’m fine waiting a bit longer for more polish and bug fixes.

Cryptus
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Cryptus » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:49 pm

_Blakelock_ wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:29 am
Cryptus wrote:
_Blakelock_ wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:45 pm
I wanna pick the game up but I'm holding out till the single player shows up. I know the online has it's issues and really don't want a game that only partially works.
Partially works? If you're talking about the server issues those have looong been fixed. In fact practically everything that was problematic at launch is fixed now. Me and Ox played it last night for like 3 hours without any issues. Find games in less than a minute. There's still the random gameplay bug now and again, but they're at nominal levels for pretty much any online game.

Single player is only going to be little bite sized challenges. It's not gonna be like a full blown story mode.
Yup, I said partially. Everytime I see a news bit about the game the comment section is loaded with people that have connection issues. One of my buddies who’s local to me still has issues finding games. I’m fine waiting a bit longer for more polish and bug fixes.
There are none though. I play it on the regular and like I said, every connection and database issue that was a problem at launch is solved now. The only thing I've run into is a random crash every now and again that closes the game, but that might happen like once every blue moon now. And I noticed it never happens during an actual match, but only between matches. Pretty weird, but not the end of the world.

If any one still has connection issues at this point they're either on a shit connection, or the Xbox version which is objectively the most awful port of the game at this point. And if that's the case, it's probably never going to get fixed. :lol: You're better off upgrading your PC at that point.

Se7en
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Se7en » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:56 pm

Cryptus wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:49 pm
_Blakelock_ wrote:
Cryptus wrote:

There are none though. I play it on the regular and like I said, every connection and database issue that was a problem at launch is solved now. The only thing I've run into is a random crash every now and again that closes the game, but that might happen like once every blue moon now. And I noticed it never happens during an actual match, but only between matches. Pretty weird, but not the end of the world.

If any one still has connection issues at this point they're either on a shit connection, or the Xbox version which is objectively the most awful port of the game at this point. And if that's the case, it's probably never going to get fixed. :lol: You're better off upgrading your PC at that point.
There are still people who say AC Unity is unplayable. If you got issues on launch, you got issues forever.

_Blakelock_
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by _Blakelock_ » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Cryptus wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:49 pm
_Blakelock_ wrote:
Cryptus wrote:

We actually play on Xbox One. :lol:

travisbickle
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by travisbickle » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:14 pm

Fuck it... Tired of waiting for singleplayer. Gonna go pick up the physical copy in a bit.

Is the mic a must for this game when you're playing as the counselors? I don't have one.

TexasSnacks
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by TexasSnacks » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:22 pm

travisbickle wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:14 pm
Fuck it... Tired of waiting for singleplayer. Gonna go pick up the physical copy in a bit.

Is the mic a must for this game when you're playing as the counselors? I don't have one.
It's more fun if you have good group of people and a mic but it's not a must if your out for yourself in quick play. Sometimes I just jump in quick play and turn my mic off and just try to get as many XP as I can, fix things and escape by myself.

It is a must if you want to play with cool adults and not squeaker trolls though.

Cryptus
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Cryptus » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:24 am

travisbickle wrote:

I never use a mic and I'd say I'm a pretty above average counselor and I escape a fair bit.

If you want to communicate there are emotes. Yes, no, come with me, point, stop, all that stuff. Can definitely help if you need someone to follow you or whatever.

mR_BuNgLe
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by mR_BuNgLe » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:46 pm

travisbickle wrote:

I bought it too on Friday and haven't stopped since I picked it up. Is there a BD group that plays?

I don't use a mic and tend to mute everyone. Probably not the best team member, but the players drive me nuts.