Connect with us

Movies

Will Arnett Takes on Serious Role in ‘Jonah Hex’

Published

on

With the film back behind cameras (I Am Legend helmer Francis Lawrence is consulting on the reshoots), there really hasn’t been that much to report on Warner Bros. Pictures’ Jonah Hex, the live-action adaptation of the DC comicbook. Today a new interview with star/comedian Will Arnett popped online where he talks about taking on a serious role (for once). “[My character] is much more serious,” he tells SuperheroHype. “I hope. Otherwise I’ve failed miserably at my job.” He explains that it’s actually quite a dark film. “‘Jonah Hex’ is a very kind of heavy movie…It’s dark and actioney… [A] real fun, dark, sweaty movie.” You can read the full interview by clicking the link. Hex fires his guns on June 18, 2010.
Hex, known for having the right side of his face disfigured and wearing a Confederate army uniform, was a rough-and-tumble gunslinger and part-time bounty hunter whose adventures always ended in blood.

“Hex” first appeared in the early 1970s in the issues of “All-Star Western” before graduating to his own series in 1977 that ran for about 10 years. A new series was launched in 2005. The character also had a run in the 1990s that combined the Western genre with supernatural elements.

Horror movie fanatic who co-founded Bloody Disgusting in 2001. Producer on Southbound, V/H/S/2/3/94, SiREN, Under the Bed, and A Horrible Way to Die. Chicago-based. Horror, pizza and basketball connoisseur. Taco Bell daily. Franchise favs: Hellraiser, Child's Play, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Friday the 13th. Horror 365 days a year.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Movies

‘Fear Street: Prom Queen’ Brings the Netflix Franchise into the 1980s

Published

on

Fear Street 1980s

Netflix’s Fear Street franchise launched back in Summer 2021 with three movies, the trilogy saga telling one complete story that spanned from 1666 all the way up to 1994.

Directed by Leigh Janiak, the three movies were Fear Street: 1994, Fear Street: 1978 and Fear Street: 1666, the first film taking a page out of the Scream playbook, the second paying tribute to the golden age of slasher cinema, and the final film turning the clock even further back. What’s next from the saga? The fourth film is titled Fear Street: Prom Queen.

Coming soon, Fear Street: Prom Queen is based on the same-titled book that R.L. Stine published in 1992, and it’s set to take the film franchise – yet again – into a brand new decade.

Fear Street: Prom Queen will be nestled between the events of Fear Street: 1994 and Fear Street: 1978, with the new movie confirmed this week to be set in the late 1980s!

In Fear Street: Prom Queen, “Welcome back to Shadyside. In this next installment of the blood-soaked Fear Street franchise, prom season at Shadyside High is underway and the school’s wolfpack of It Girls is busy with its usual sweet and vicious campaigns for the crown. But when a gutsy outsider is unexpectedly nominated to the court, and the other girls start mysteriously disappearing, the class of ’88 is suddenly in for one hell of a prom night.”

Matt Palmer (Calibre) is directing the franchise’s upcoming fourth installment.

The Prom Queen was book #15 in R.L. Stine’s teen franchise, originally published on March 1, 1992. If you’d like to read it before the movie comes out, you can always find copies on eBay.

No word yet on when the Netflix movie will be released. Stay tuned for updates.

Fear Street 1980s prom queen

Continue Reading