Criterion DVD Releases Gone Down Lately?

Discussion of current and upcoming DVD releases, technical specifications only. Film discussion itself to be kept to their respective sections.
thefloyd
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Criterion DVD Releases Gone Down Lately?

Post by thefloyd » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:48 am

Does anyone else here think that Criterions DVD release​s have really been lacking what made them special? Now, I'm not talking about the extras they still seem to work real hard on bringing the best they can and a fine damn job....I'm just talking about the films.

The last few ”Criterion” movies I've watched were pretty dull and unexciting, not what I've come to expect from the great crterion.

For an example​, I watched House which criterion said it was ahead it's time but when I watched it reminded me of any other bad b movie floating around in a forgotten DVD bin at some random local shitty Supermarket.

Maybe Crterion has released everything already but lately I haven't felt real confidence to watch any of their movies anytime soon

(P.S. sorry for such a long read, I was really bored)

Artpop
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Re: Criterion DVD Releases Gone Down Lately?

Post by Artpop » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:20 pm

I was under the impression that 1977's House was released by Criterion quite a few years ago.

And I can see people saying it's ahead of its time since there's nothing remotely like it whatsoever. Not in horror.
"Save a piece of chocolate cake for Sandy!!"

"Good times, bad food"