Last Dvd Commentary Listened To

Discussion of current and upcoming DVD releases, technical specifications only. Film discussion itself to be kept to their respective sections.
thefloyd
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Last Dvd Commentary Listened To

Post by thefloyd » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:58 pm

There's two things I love in a commentary, one I Want I it to be informational, where I can learn something from it. Two I want it to be fun, you'll find both here.

This is my first time listening to Down In Front and it sure won't be the last time. 7.5/10
https://youtu.be/wgzWb4PL6go

Orville Ketchum
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Re: Last Dvd Commentary Listened To

Post by Orville Ketchum » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:56 pm

Last commentary I listened to was for Jason Goes to Hell, one of my favorites. You can tell they had a lot of fun making it.
Last edited by Orville Ketchum on Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orville Ketchum
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Orville Ketchum » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:58 pm

thefloyd
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by thefloyd » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:42 pm

Orville Ketchum wrote:Last commentary I listened to was for Jason Goes to Hell, one of my favorites. You can tell they had a lot of fun making it.
Haven't listened to JGTH yet but highly recommend listening to Friday The 13th part 4 by F13 fans/director Adam Green and Joe Lynch. You can tell they have a true love of the film while also lovingly making fun of it.

Sadly one of my all time favorite movies...Tremors never had an official commentary so had to turn to a fan commentary to fill the void. This track is extremely information friendly from goofs to background information it covers everything 9/10

http://jerkscomments.bandcamp.com/album ... tary-track

Orville Ketchum
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Orville Ketchum » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:04 pm

thefloyd wrote:Haven't listened to JGTH yet but highly recommend listening to Friday The 13th part 4 by F13 fans/director Adam Green and Joe Lynch. You can tell they have a true love of the film while also lovingly making fun of it.
A New Beginning has a great commentary as well.

thefloyd
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by thefloyd » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:03 am

Friday The 13th Part 3

https://archive.org/details/FThisMovie- ... Commentary

Really fun fan commentary from F This Movie that has small tid bits of info throughout between the laughter 8/10

john21wall
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by john21wall » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:22 am

Thanks for the information, just those looking for

Decimus
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Decimus » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:40 am

Night Of The Living Dead (1990) - Such a shame Savini had to cut so much 'cause the studio thought the headshots were too violent. What a bunch of cunts. :(

H.P. Pufncraft
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by H.P. Pufncraft » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:51 pm

Recently I listened to the commentary for Prince of Darkness with John Carpenter and one of the actors from the movie (whose name I'm too lazy to look up). I actually wrote part of my thesis on this movie a few years back so I looked forward to seeing if any of my theories meshed with Carpenter's original ideas. Unfortunately, even though the commentary was recorded only 13 or so years after the film was made, Carpenter seemed to have forgotten most of what happened in the movie, let alone why he made it. :(

A much better Carpenter commentary is his one with Kurt Russell for The Thing.

Geek II
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Geek II » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:18 pm

H.P. Pufncraft wrote:Recently I listened to the commentary for Prince of Darkness with John Carpenter and one of the actors from the movie (whose name I'm too lazy to look up). I actually wrote part of my thesis on this movie a few years back so I looked forward to seeing if any of my theories meshed with Carpenter's original ideas. Unfortunately, even though the commentary was recorded only 13 or so years after the film was made, Carpenter seemed to have forgotten most of what happened in the movie, let alone why he made it. :(

A much better Carpenter commentary is his one with Kurt Russell for The Thing.
That's a disappointing track. The Thing is indeed great but my fave is the one for Big Trouble in Little China. :lol: :lol: @ John Carpenter name dropping Captain Ron.