Arrow Video

Discussion of current and upcoming DVD releases, technical specifications only. Film discussion itself to be kept to their respective sections.
User avatar
travisbickle
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill
Posts: 840
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:21 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Arrow Video

Post by travisbickle » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:07 am

Long overdue...
NEW UK/US TITLE: Brain Damage (Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD) LIMITED EDITION
The ultimate head-trip, now finally on Blu-ray!
Pre-order your copy via Amazon.co.uk: http://amzn.to/2kRlkXV
North American pre-orders links should be live soon!
Release Dates: 8/9 May
IT’S A HEADACHE FROM HELL!
From Frank Henenlotter, the man behind such cult horror favourites as Basket Case and Frankenhooker, comes Brain Damage – the ultimate head-trip, now finally on Blu-ray!
Meet Elmer. He’s your local, friendly parasite with the ability to induce euphoric hallucinations in his hosts. But these LSD-like trips come with a hefty price tag. When young Brian comes under Elmer’s addictive spell, it’s not long before he finds himself scouring the city streets in search of his parasite’s preferred food source – brains!
Featuring late TV horror host John Zacherley as the voice of Elmer, Brain Damage boasts some of the most astonishing bad taste gore-gags ever realized, including the notorious “brain-pulling sequence” and a blow-job that ends with a distinctly unconventional climax.
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
•Digital transfer from original film elements
•High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
•Original Mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
•Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
•Brand new audio commentary by writer-director Frank Henenlotter
•Brand new interviews with cast and crew
•Q&A with Henenlotter recorded at the 2016 Offscreen Film Festival
•Theatrical Trailer
•Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck
•Limited edition O-card with exclusive artwork
•Collector’s Booklet with new writing on the film
•PLUS MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!!!

Image
NEW UK/US TITLE: Evil Ed (Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD) LIMITED EDITION
A veritable smorgasbord of flying limbs, exploding heads, busty babes and creepy creatures!
Pre-order your copy via Arrow: http://bit.ly/2kRcxF2
Pre-order via Amazon.co.uk: http://amzn.to/2kRgU2Y
North American pre-orders links should be live soon!
Release Dates: 29/30 May
WHEN HIS MIND BLOWS, ANYTHING GOES!
A blood-soaked love letter to the splatter films of the ’80s, video rental favourite Evil Ed returns in a brand-new Special EDition featuring an extended cut of the feature and hours of stomach-churning bonus features!
Mild-mannered film technician Edward enjoys his job. That is, until he finds himself transferred from his regular post to the “Splatter and Gore department”, where he’s forced to edit hours upon hours of grisly video nasty footage. Traumatized by the onscreen violence, Ed starts to lose his grip on reality – with ghastly (and bloody) consequences…
Owing a debt to films such as The Evil Dead, Re-animator and the early splatter classics of Peter Jackson, Evil Ed is a veritable smorgasbord of flying limbs, exploding heads, busty babes and creepy creatures!
3-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
•Two versions of the film!
•Original Stereo and 5.1 Audio Options
•Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
•Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
•Collector’s booklet with new writing on the film
DISCS 1 & 2 (BLU-RAY + DVD) – THE SPECIAL ED-ITION CUT
•World premiere of the newly-extended version of the feature [95 min]
•Keep ’Em Heads Rollin’ – making-of documentary
•Reconstructing Edward – featurette on the creation of the Special EDition cut
•Deleted scenes
•Bloopers
•Teasers and Trailers
•Still Gallery
DISC 3 (BLU-RAY) – THE ORIGINAL CUT [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]
•Original Cut [93 mins]
•Lost in Brainland – never-before-seen extended 3 hour version of the making-of documentary
•PLUS OTHER SURPRISES!!!

Image
Time for our May announcements! First up, our only UK only release…
NEW UK TITLE: Phenomena (Blu-ray) LIMITED EDITION
One of his most eccentric and unique thrillers, featuring telepathic insects, maggots galore, and even a razor-wielding chimp!
Pre-order your copy via Arrow: http://bit.ly/2kRgzNP
Pre-order via Amazon.co.uk: http://amzn.to/2kQYWxK
Release Dates: 8 May 2017
From master of horror Dario Argento (Suspiria, The Bird with the Crystal Plumage) comes Phenomena – one of his most eccentric and unique thrillers, featuring telepathic insects, maggots galore, and even a razor-wielding chimp!
Jennifer Corvino (Jennifer Connelly, Labyrinth), daughter of a world-renowned movie star, arrives in the so-called “Swiss Transylvania” to attend an exclusive girls’ school. However, a vicious killer is targeting the pupils, and sleepwalker Jennifer finds herself in the assassin’s headlights when her nocturnal wanderings cause her to witness the death of a fellow pupil. Aided by paraplegic etymologist John McGregor (Donald Pleasence, Halloween) and her own uncanny ability to communicate telepathically with insects, Jennifer sets out to track down the killer before she herself becomes the latest victim…
Released in 1985, towards the end of Argento’s decade-long golden age as a director, Phenomena co-stars Dalila Di Lazarro (Flesh for Frankenstein), Patrick Bauchau (Clear and Present Danger) and Daria Nicolodi (Tenebrae), and features lush cinematography by Romano Albani (Inferno) and a pounding prog rock score by Goblin (Deep Red, Suspiria). Presented here in a sumptuous new 4K restoration of the film and a newly created “hybrid” English/Italian audio track on the full length 116-minute Italian version, this is the definitive release of Argento’s creepy classic.
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
•Brand new 4K restoration of the film from the original camera negative produced by Arrow Video exclusively for this release
•High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of all three versions of the film: the 116-minute Italian, 110-minute international and 83-minute “Creepers” cuts
•New 5.1 surround mixes of the Italian (116-minute) and English (110-minute) soundtracks in lossless DTS-HD Master Audio, derived from the original 4-channel Dolby Stereo elements
•New hybrid English/Italian soundtrack for the 116-minute version in lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and PCM 2.0 stereo*
•Italian soundtrack for the 116-minute version in lossless PCM 2.0 stereo
•English soundtrack for the 110-minute version in lossless PCM 2.0 stereo
•English soundtrack for the 83-minute version in lossless PCM 1.0 mono
•Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
•Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
•New audio commentary by Troy Howarth, author of So Deadly, So Perverse: 50 Years of Italian Giallo Films
•The Three Sarcophagi, a new visual essay by Michael Mackenzie comparing the different cuts of Phenomena
•New feature-length documentary including exclusive interviews with co-writer/producer/director Dario Argento, actors Fiorenza Tessari and Davide Marotta, co-writer Franco Ferrini, production manager Angelo Jacono, special optical effects artist Luigi Cozzi, makeup artist Pier Antonio Mecacci and composers Claudio Simonetti and Simon Boswell
•Original Italian and English theatrical trailers
•Limited edition 60-page booklet containing new writing by Mikel J. Koven, Rachael Nisbet and Leonard Jacobs
•Limited edition packaging featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Candice Tripp
* The 116-minute Italian cut features approximately six minutes of footage for which English audio does not exist. In these instances, the hybrid track reverts to Italian audio with English subtitles.

Image
Sure to piss off all of those who just shelled out $50 for the Synapse Steel...

User avatar
Cryptus
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse
Posts: 2316
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:02 pm

Re: Arrow Video

Post by Cryptus » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:56 am

travisbickle wrote:Long overdue...
NEW UK/US TITLE: Brain Damage (Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD) LIMITED EDITION
The ultimate head-trip, now finally on Blu-ray!
Pre-order your copy via Amazon.co.uk: http://amzn.to/2kRlkXV
North American pre-orders links should be live soon!
Release Dates: 8/9 May
IT’S A HEADACHE FROM HELL!
From Frank Henenlotter, the man behind such cult horror favourites as Basket Case and Frankenhooker, comes Brain Damage – the ultimate head-trip, now finally on Blu-ray!
Meet Elmer. He’s your local, friendly parasite with the ability to induce euphoric hallucinations in his hosts. But these LSD-like trips come with a hefty price tag. When young Brian comes under Elmer’s addictive spell, it’s not long before he finds himself scouring the city streets in search of his parasite’s preferred food source – brains!
Featuring late TV horror host John Zacherley as the voice of Elmer, Brain Damage boasts some of the most astonishing bad taste gore-gags ever realized, including the notorious “brain-pulling sequence” and a blow-job that ends with a distinctly unconventional climax.
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
•Digital transfer from original film elements
•High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
•Original Mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
•Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
•Brand new audio commentary by writer-director Frank Henenlotter
•Brand new interviews with cast and crew
•Q&A with Henenlotter recorded at the 2016 Offscreen Film Festival
•Theatrical Trailer
•Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck
•Limited edition O-card with exclusive artwork
•Collector’s Booklet with new writing on the film
•PLUS MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!!!

Image
NEW UK/US TITLE: Evil Ed (Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD) LIMITED EDITION
A veritable smorgasbord of flying limbs, exploding heads, busty babes and creepy creatures!
Pre-order your copy via Arrow: http://bit.ly/2kRcxF2
Pre-order via Amazon.co.uk: http://amzn.to/2kRgU2Y
North American pre-orders links should be live soon!
Release Dates: 29/30 May
WHEN HIS MIND BLOWS, ANYTHING GOES!
A blood-soaked love letter to the splatter films of the ’80s, video rental favourite Evil Ed returns in a brand-new Special EDition featuring an extended cut of the feature and hours of stomach-churning bonus features!
Mild-mannered film technician Edward enjoys his job. That is, until he finds himself transferred from his regular post to the “Splatter and Gore department”, where he’s forced to edit hours upon hours of grisly video nasty footage. Traumatized by the onscreen violence, Ed starts to lose his grip on reality – with ghastly (and bloody) consequences…
Owing a debt to films such as The Evil Dead, Re-animator and the early splatter classics of Peter Jackson, Evil Ed is a veritable smorgasbord of flying limbs, exploding heads, busty babes and creepy creatures!
3-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
•Two versions of the film!
•Original Stereo and 5.1 Audio Options
•Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
•Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
•Collector’s booklet with new writing on the film
DISCS 1 & 2 (BLU-RAY + DVD) – THE SPECIAL ED-ITION CUT
•World premiere of the newly-extended version of the feature [95 min]
•Keep ’Em Heads Rollin’ – making-of documentary
•Reconstructing Edward – featurette on the creation of the Special EDition cut
•Deleted scenes
•Bloopers
•Teasers and Trailers
•Still Gallery
DISC 3 (BLU-RAY) – THE ORIGINAL CUT [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]
•Original Cut [93 mins]
•Lost in Brainland – never-before-seen extended 3 hour version of the making-of documentary
•PLUS OTHER SURPRISES!!!

Image
Time for our May announcements! First up, our only UK only release…
NEW UK TITLE: Phenomena (Blu-ray) LIMITED EDITION
One of his most eccentric and unique thrillers, featuring telepathic insects, maggots galore, and even a razor-wielding chimp!
Pre-order your copy via Arrow: http://bit.ly/2kRgzNP
Pre-order via Amazon.co.uk: http://amzn.to/2kQYWxK
Release Dates: 8 May 2017
From master of horror Dario Argento (Suspiria, The Bird with the Crystal Plumage) comes Phenomena – one of his most eccentric and unique thrillers, featuring telepathic insects, maggots galore, and even a razor-wielding chimp!
Jennifer Corvino (Jennifer Connelly, Labyrinth), daughter of a world-renowned movie star, arrives in the so-called “Swiss Transylvania” to attend an exclusive girls’ school. However, a vicious killer is targeting the pupils, and sleepwalker Jennifer finds herself in the assassin’s headlights when her nocturnal wanderings cause her to witness the death of a fellow pupil. Aided by paraplegic etymologist John McGregor (Donald Pleasence, Halloween) and her own uncanny ability to communicate telepathically with insects, Jennifer sets out to track down the killer before she herself becomes the latest victim…
Released in 1985, towards the end of Argento’s decade-long golden age as a director, Phenomena co-stars Dalila Di Lazarro (Flesh for Frankenstein), Patrick Bauchau (Clear and Present Danger) and Daria Nicolodi (Tenebrae), and features lush cinematography by Romano Albani (Inferno) and a pounding prog rock score by Goblin (Deep Red, Suspiria). Presented here in a sumptuous new 4K restoration of the film and a newly created “hybrid” English/Italian audio track on the full length 116-minute Italian version, this is the definitive release of Argento’s creepy classic.
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
•Brand new 4K restoration of the film from the original camera negative produced by Arrow Video exclusively for this release
•High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of all three versions of the film: the 116-minute Italian, 110-minute international and 83-minute “Creepers” cuts
•New 5.1 surround mixes of the Italian (116-minute) and English (110-minute) soundtracks in lossless DTS-HD Master Audio, derived from the original 4-channel Dolby Stereo elements
•New hybrid English/Italian soundtrack for the 116-minute version in lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and PCM 2.0 stereo*
•Italian soundtrack for the 116-minute version in lossless PCM 2.0 stereo
•English soundtrack for the 110-minute version in lossless PCM 2.0 stereo
•English soundtrack for the 83-minute version in lossless PCM 1.0 mono
•Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
•Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
•New audio commentary by Troy Howarth, author of So Deadly, So Perverse: 50 Years of Italian Giallo Films
•The Three Sarcophagi, a new visual essay by Michael Mackenzie comparing the different cuts of Phenomena
•New feature-length documentary including exclusive interviews with co-writer/producer/director Dario Argento, actors Fiorenza Tessari and Davide Marotta, co-writer Franco Ferrini, production manager Angelo Jacono, special optical effects artist Luigi Cozzi, makeup artist Pier Antonio Mecacci and composers Claudio Simonetti and Simon Boswell
•Original Italian and English theatrical trailers
•Limited edition 60-page booklet containing new writing by Mikel J. Koven, Rachael Nisbet and Leonard Jacobs
•Limited edition packaging featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Candice Tripp
* The 116-minute Italian cut features approximately six minutes of footage for which English audio does not exist. In these instances, the hybrid track reverts to Italian audio with English subtitles.

Image
Sure to piss off all of those who just shelled out $50 for the Synapse Steel...
For someone too lazy to compare, what's in the arrow release of Phenomena that isn't in the steelbook? I see they have all 3 cuts of the film. Not sure what else is different.
Image

User avatar
travisbickle
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill
Posts: 840
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:21 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Arrow Video

Post by travisbickle » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:29 am

Cryptus wrote:For someone too lazy to compare, what's in the arrow release of Phenomena that isn't in the steelbook? I see they have all 3 cuts of the film. Not sure what else is different.
The big draw is the new 4k transfer. It will more than likely blow away Synapse when it comes to PQ. That, and the Arrow will be around $20 cheaper.

In terms of extras they're pretty much equal. Both have their own commentary tracks and docs exclusive to their release. Synapse might even have a leg up if you count the soundtrack CD, BUT.... Arrow has an exclusive 60 page booklet.

Synapse:

Audio Commentary Track on PHENOMENA (110 Version) from Argento scholar and author, Derek Botelho and film historian, journalist and radio/television commentator, David Del Valle

DARIO ARGENTO’S WORLD OF HORROR – Documentary. A fascinating look at the early films of director Dario Argento, including PHENOMENA, SUSPIRIA, DEMONS, DAWN OF THE DEAD, INFERNO and many more! Containing candid interviews and awesome behind-the-scenes footage, DARIO ARGENTO’S WORLD OF HORROR gives us a look into the mind of Italy’s Master of Horror and is an essential viewing experience for all Argento fans.

Interview with Andi Sex Gang

PHENOMENA – International Theatrical Trailer

CREEPERS – U.S. Theatrical Trailer & Radio Spots

Arrow:

New audio commentary by Troy Howarth, author of So Deadly, So Perverse: 50 Years of Italian Giallo Films

The Three Sarcophagi, a new visual essay by Michael Mackenzie comparing the different cuts of Phenomena

New feature-length documentary including exclusive interviews with co-writer/producer/director Dario Argento, actors Fiorenza Tessari and Davide Marotta, co-writer Franco Ferrini, production manager Angelo Jacono, special optical effects artist Luigi Cozzi, makeup artist Pier Antonio Mecacci and composers Claudio Simonetti and Simon Boswell

Original Italian and English theatrical trailers

Arrow also has more sound options...

•New 5.1 surround mixes of the Italian (116-minute) and English (110-minute) soundtracks in lossless DTS-HD Master Audio, derived from the original 4-channel Dolby Stereo elements
•New hybrid English/Italian soundtrack for the 116-minute version in lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and PCM 2.0 stereo*

User avatar
Cryptus
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse
Posts: 2316
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:02 pm

Re: Arrow Video

Post by Cryptus » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:33 am

travisbickle wrote:
Cryptus wrote:For someone too lazy to compare, what's in the arrow release of Phenomena that isn't in the steelbook? I see they have all 3 cuts of the film. Not sure what else is different.
The big draw is the new 4k transfer. It will more than likely blow away Synapse when it comes to PQ. That, and the Arrow will be around $20 cheaper.

In terms of extras they're pretty much equal. Both have their own commentary tracks and docs exclusive to their release. Synapse might even have a leg up if you count the soundtrack CD.

Synapse:

Audio Commentary Track on PHENOMENA (110 Version) from Argento scholar and author, Derek Botelho and film historian, journalist and radio/television commentator, David Del Valle

DARIO ARGENTO’S WORLD OF HORROR – Documentary. A fascinating look at the early films of director Dario Argento, including PHENOMENA, SUSPIRIA, DEMONS, DAWN OF THE DEAD, INFERNO and many more! Containing candid interviews and awesome behind-the-scenes footage, DARIO ARGENTO’S WORLD OF HORROR gives us a look into the mind of Italy’s Master of Horror and is an essential viewing experience for all Argento fans.

Interview with Andi Sex Gang

PHENOMENA – International Theatrical Trailer

CREEPERS – U.S. Theatrical Trailer & Radio Spots

Arrow:

New audio commentary by Troy Howarth, author of So Deadly, So Perverse: 50 Years of Italian Giallo Films

The Three Sarcophagi, a new visual essay by Michael Mackenzie comparing the different cuts of Phenomena

New feature-length documentary including exclusive interviews with co-writer/producer/director Dario Argento, actors Fiorenza Tessari and Davide Marotta, co-writer Franco Ferrini, production manager Angelo Jacono, special optical effects artist Luigi Cozzi, makeup artist Pier Antonio Mecacci and composers Claudio Simonetti and Simon Boswell

Original Italian and English theatrical trailers

The Arrow also has more sound options...

•New 5.1 surround mixes of the Italian (116-minute) and English (110-minute) soundtracks in lossless DTS-HD Master Audio, derived from the original 4-channel Dolby Stereo elements
•New hybrid English/Italian soundtrack for the 116-minute version in lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and PCM 2.0 stereo*
Considering I still don't have a 4K player, it's not doing me much good, but hell, I'd still double dip if they make a US version. Arrow's art and packaging alone make me pop a boner.
Image

User avatar
travisbickle
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill
Posts: 840
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:21 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Arrow Video

Post by travisbickle » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:45 am

Cryptus wrote:Considering I still don't have a 4K player, it's not doing me much good, but hell, I'd still double dip if they make a US version. Arrow's art and packaging alone make me pop a boner.
You don't need a 4k player, this is still a regular Blu-Ray. You'll definitely be able to appreciate the difference in PQ.

The transfer for the Synapse Steel comes from an old DVD master. It's still looks better than any DVD, but it's not a proper restoration.

Arrow will destroy it, trust me. Sell the Steel on Ebay while you can!

EDIT: But yeah....if you don't have a region free player I wouldn't hold your breath for a US release from Arrow.

Synapse has the US rights when it comes to Blu.

User avatar
Cryptus
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse
Posts: 2316
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:02 pm

Re: Arrow Video

Post by Cryptus » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:05 am

travisbickle wrote:
Cryptus wrote:Considering I still don't have a 4K player, it's not doing me much good, but hell, I'd still double dip if they make a US version. Arrow's art and packaging alone make me pop a boner.
You don't need a 4k player, this is still a regular Blu-Ray. You'll definitely be able to appreciate the difference in PQ.

The transfer for the Synapse Steel comes from an old DVD master. It's still looks better than any DVD, but it's not a proper restoration.

Arrow will destroy it, trust me. Sell the Steel on Ebay while you can!

EDIT: But yeah....if you don't have a region free player I wouldn't hold your breath for a US release from Arrow.

Synapse has the US rights when it comes to Blu.

Sell the steel? Fuck no. It looks great and has the OST. I'd just own both. I still have my 2 older DVDs too.

But I get you now. I'm sure the 4K transfer is more noticeable, but I assumed the Synapse was like maybe a 2K or something and that there wouldn't be much difference on a 1080. Guess that's not the case.

Being a physical collector is hard.
Image

User avatar
kevinb
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:29 pm
Location: East KY

Re: Arrow Video

Post by kevinb » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:02 am

Ordered a few Arrow releases last night.
Also, my first time ordering off Amazon UK.

The Burning
Frankenhooker
People... Stairs
The Guyver

Can anyone confirm if the extras are English Subtitled for their releases?

User avatar
LKP1331
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:31 am

Re: Arrow Video

Post by LKP1331 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:50 am

I love Arrow, and tend to buy their editions of older films now regardless of the price. I probably have around 20 so far?... Most of my giallo collection, particularly Dario Argento, is Arrow.

Also, the Hellraiser box set is brilliant. Gave me an excuse to watch them all over again :twisted:

User avatar
Iggy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse
Posts: 1965
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:22 am

Re: Arrow Video

Post by Iggy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:05 am

June 12/13th 2017......

Image


Image
Image

User avatar
Hammer Fanatic
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:26 pm
Location: Hermitage, PA

Re: Arrow Video

Post by Hammer Fanatic » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:29 am

Great cover for Madhouse. Will definitely be picking this one up.

Does anybody know why Arrow released all 4 House films in the UK, but only the first two in the U.S.?
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest