Scream/Shout Factory

Discussion of current and upcoming DVD releases, technical specifications only. Film discussion itself to be kept to their respective sections.
Harrenhal
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Re: Scream/Shout Factory

Post by Harrenhal » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:22 am

Iggy wrote:Why is everyone obsessed with cum around here? :lol:
'Cause we are deep down all fucking perverts and because it's totally worth fapping to a thing like this. Easy peasy. 8-)
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything, if I had a penis for one day. Oh man, I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Voodoo Dolly

travisbickle
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by travisbickle » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:53 pm

^

Not a fan of either slips, TBH. The standard edition looks better than the deluxe, but it's still nothing but a bunch of fucking floating heads...too much going on. I think a minimalist approach is usually the way to go for poster art. The original teaser poster for example...

Simple, effective. Too bad they didn't use that as the slip art.

gunsrazorsknives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by gunsrazorsknives » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:02 pm

I'm not a huge fan of the Thing artworks either. Way too busy and the floating head stuff is lame.

Should have gone with a much more subtler approach.

Anyhoo, will still be buying the blu.

Iggy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Iggy » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:06 am

Transformers the 1986 animated movie is getting an official Blu Ray release from Shout Factory on September 13th!!! :D

Harrenhal
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Harrenhal » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:33 pm

De Palma's Carrie will finally get its well-deserved ScreamFactory release on October 11, 2016. Two versiones will be available, a collector's edition and a deluxe one.

Deluxe Limited Edition:
The collector's edition Blu-Ray with slipcover
A limited edition 18" x 24" poster of the newly-designed art from artist Nat Marsh
A second slipcover — made exclusively for this promotion — featuring newly-designed art from artist Joel Robinson
A limited edition 18" x 24" poster of the newly-designed art from artist Joel Robinson
Early shipping to arrive three weeks before the national street date

Bonus Features
NEW 4K Scan Of The Original Negative
NEW Interviews With Writer Lawrence D. Cohen, Editor Paul Hirsch, Actors Piper Laurie, P.J. Soles, Nancy Allen, Betty Buckley, William Katt, Edie McClurg, Casting Director Harriet B. Helberg And Director Of Photography Mario Tosi
NEW Horror's Hallowed Grounds – Revisiting The Film's Original Locations
Acting Carrie – Interviews With Actors Sissy Spacek, Amy Irving, Betty Buckley, Nancy Allen, William Katt, Piper Laurie, Priscilla Pointer and P.J. Soles And Art Director Jack Fisk And Director Brian De Palma
Visualizing Carrie – Interviews With Brian De Palma, Jack Fisk, Lawrence D. Cohen, Paul Hirsch
A Look At "Carrie: The Musical"
Original Theatrical Trailer
Carrie Franchise Trailer Gallery
TV Spots
Radio Spots
Still Gallery – Rare Behind-The-Scenes Photos
Stephen King And The Evolution Of Carrie Text Gallery

Collector's Edition:
Bonus Features
NEW 4K Scan Of The Original Negative
NEW Interviews With Writer Lawrence D. Cohen, Editor Paul Hirsch, Actors Piper Laurie, P.J. Soles, Nancy Allen, Betty Buckley, William Katt, Edie McClurg, Casting Director Harriet B. Helberg And Director Of Photography Mario Tosi
NEW Horror's Hallowed Grounds – Revisiting The Film's Original Locations
Acting Carrie – Interviews With Actors Sissy Spacek, Amy Irving, Betty Buckley, Nancy Allen, William Katt, Piper Laurie, Priscilla Pointer and P.J. Soles And Art Director Jack Fisk And Director Brian De Palma
Visualizing Carrie – Interviews With Brian De Palma, Jack Fisk, Lawrence D. Cohen, Paul Hirsch
A Look At "Carrie: The Musical"
Original Theatrical Trailer
Carrie Franchise Trailer Gallery
TV Spots
Radio Spots
Still Gallery – Rare Behind-The-Scenes Photos
Stephen King And The Evolution Of Carrie Text Gallery

Wanted to preorder the Deluxe version, but those cunts don't ship their goods to Germany - are we globalized or aren't we?!?
I desperately need someone here, who is willing to order it for me from the US. I will pay him/her upfront with Paypal, shipping costs included.
Anyone?!? :?
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything, if I had a penis for one day. Oh man, I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Voodoo Dolly

Cryptus
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Cryptus » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:41 pm

Things I will never part with: Exhibit A)

Harrenhal
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by Harrenhal » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:53 pm

Harrenhal wrote:
De Palma's Carrie will finally get its well-deserved ScreamFactory release on October 11, 2016. Two versiones will be available, a collector's edition and a deluxe one.

Wanted to preorder the Deluxe version, but those cunts don't ship their goods to Germany - are we globalized or aren't we?!?
I desperately need someone here, who is willing to order it for me from the US. I will pay him/her upfront with Paypal, shipping costs included.
Anyone?!? :?
Anyone?!?! Please! I want this Deluxe package so bad! C'mon, help me out, fellow BDlers!
Voodoo Dolly

gunsrazorsknives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by gunsrazorsknives » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:16 pm

You’ve heard the rumors for months…and they’re all true! William Peter Blatty’s cult favorite THE EXORCIST III will be bearing its cross on a 2-disc Collector’s Edition Blu-ray set from us on October 25th.
Extras (of which there are tons of) are underway and will be announced at a date in Late Summer / Early Fall. The newly-designed front-facing artwork from Joel Robinson you see here is final (not pictured is the reverse wrap image which will showcase the original theatrical poster art.) Early pre-order now directly from us @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/the-exor ... ollector-s… and receive a free 18" x 24" poster of the new art (while supplies last) plus early shipping!
We know that the biggest question you might have is: Will there be a “Director’s Cut” of the film? The answer is yes—but with some caveats. We are working on putting together a version that will be close to Blatty’s original script using a mixture of various film and video tape sources that we have been provided with. This is still a work in progress and we will update you with more details at the time we announce the full list of bonus materials.

travisbickle
Fresh Kill
Fresh Kill

Post by travisbickle » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:38 pm

Oh yeahhh..... I knew it was coming, but I didn't think they'd announce it until SDCC. That cover is not exactly giving me a boner though. Kitchen sink approach once again. Let's put every single fucking thing that happened in the movie on the front cover!

There was a fan made cover over at Blu-Ray.com....

^More like it. At least SF gives you the theatrical art on the reverse side.

Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Midnight-Kroovy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:35 am

I can't wait to see the Director's cut of The Exorcist 3, it's a fantastic film but the final act that the studio demanded definitely spoils it a little bit.