Connect with us

Movies

Tom Felton Briefly Talks ‘The Apparition’

Published

on

Harry Potter star Tom Felton has let a few details slip, emphasis on few, about his new horror thriller The Apparition. Filmed in the US and Berlin last year, the Todd Lincoln-directed ghost story stars Ashley Greene (The Twilight Saga), Sebastian Stan (Black Swan, The Covenent) and Tom Felton (Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Harry Potter franchise).

Draco Mal – sorry – Tom Felton spoke to Bloody Disgusting’s Maria Lewis ahead of release of the final instalment in the Harry Potter series. The 23-year-old Brit said he would describe The Apparition as a “psychological thriller” and “not a horror exactly.” The film follows a couple who are haunted by a supernatural presence unleashed during a college experiment.
Felton said he “can’t say too much” about the plot, except that he plays a supernatural expert the couple seek help from later in the film. He said the cast shot in Berlin for about a month in 2010 and he “fell in love with the city.

At home, I prefer a quiet night-in than going out,” he said.

I live about 30 miles outside London, more country than city.

I have a dog, I stay home at night, watch TV, play my guitar.

In Berlin, I went out almost every night to see live music.

It was quite a scene. I really enjoyed it.

I fell in love with the place.

In January Felton told the LA Times The Apparition is in the tradition of Flatliners. Although originally schedule for a September 9, 2011 release date Warner Bros. have pushed The Apparition back to an undetermined 2012 date.

Here’s the official plot crunch: “A couple are haunted by a supernatural presence that is unleashed during a college experiment.

When frightening events start to occur in their home, young couple Kelly (Ashley Greene) and Ben (Sebastian Stan) discover they are being haunted by a presence that was accidentally conjured during a university parapsychology experiment. The horrifying apparition feeds on their fear and torments them no matter where they try to run. Their last hope is an expert in the supernatural (Tom Felton), but even with his help they may already be too late to save themselves from this terrifying force…

Movies

‘Thrill Ride’ – Ryuhei Kitamura’s New Thriller Traps People Upside Down on a Roller Coaster!

Published

on

final destination 3
Pictured: 'Final Destination 3'

If you want to watch a fun movie, watch a Ryuhei Kitamura movie. Whether it’s 2000’s Versus, 2004’s Godzilla: Final Wars, 2008’s The Midnight Meat Train or 2022’s underseen The Price We Pay, Kitamura always knows how to deliver a wild and crazy good time.

Up next from Ryuhei Kitamura? Deadline reports that he’ll be directing Thrill Ride, which sounds a bit like the best parts of Final Destination 3… expanded into a feature film!

Deadline details, “the English-language film will tell the story of a group of people, including two young women, who are trapped upside down on a roller coaster taken over by a mysterious saboteur threatening to drop them all one-by-one to their deaths.”

Film Bridge International is launching the project for sales ahead of the Cannes market.

Chad Law and Christopher Jolley wrote the screenplay.

Thrill Ride is exactly the type of high-concept based thriller that our customers are looking for in the marketplace,” said Film Bridge’s Ellen Wander and Jordan Dykstra. “With Ryuhei at the helm, we know his vision and execution will deliver thrills of the highest quality.”

“As a hardcore rollercoaster fan since I was young, I immediately fell in love with this script filled with suspense, action, crazy ups and downs, turns, loops, and corkscrews at maximum speed,” adds Kitamura. “I can’t wait to get on a ride and bring life to the wildest rollercoaster imaginable.”

We’re already seated. Stay tuned for more on Thrill Ride as we learn it.

‘The Midnight Meat Train’

Continue Reading