Connect with us

Movies

John Landis’ ‘Burke & Hare’ Goes Behind Cameras!

Published

on

An award-winning international cast was officially announced today for Burke & Hare, the new film from legendary director John Landis (An American Werewolf in London, Blues Brothers, Michael Jackson’s “Thriller”). Principal photography commenced on January 31st around London, Edinburgh and Ealing Studios with Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Star Trek, Spaced), as William Burke and recent BAFTA-nominee Andy Serkis (Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll, Lord of the Rings, King Kong) as William Hare, the notorious Edinburgh murderers. Read on for more details.
Pictured: Tim Curry

Isla Fisher (Wedding Crashers, Confessions of a Shopaholic) takes on the role of Ginny, an ambitious young actress and the object of Burke’s affections and Jessica Hynes neé Stevenson (Spaced, Son of Rambow, Shaun of the Dead) as Hare’s long suffering wife Lucky.

The supporting cast consists of the cream of British acting and comedy talent including: Oscar-nominee Tom Wilkinson (The Full Monty, Michael Clayton), Tim Curry (Rocky Horror Picture Show), Ronnie Corbett (Extras), Reece Shearsmith (League of Gentlemen), David Schofield (Pirates of the Caribbean), Allan Corduner (Topsy Turvey), BAFTA Award-winner Bill Baily (Nanny McPhee & The Big Bang, Black Books), Hugh Bonneville (Notting Hill), Michael Smiley (Spaced) and Christopher Lee (Lord of the Rings, Dracula).

According to Landis: “BURKE & HARE is a very black romantic comedy in the classic tradition of the Ealing Studios’ Kind Hearts and Coronets and The Ladykillers”.

Burke & Hare is a comedic take on the true story of the 1828 Edinburgh body-snatchers William Burke (Simon Pegg) and William Hare (Andy Serkis). These two Irish entrepreneurs discover that a dead body can fetch a hefty price when the demands of the leading medical professors Dr. Knox (Tom Wilkinson) and Dr. Monroe (Tim Curry) reach beyond that of the local supply.

Burke & Hare is produced by Barnaby Thompson (Dorian Gray, St Trinian’s 1+2), executive produced by Nigel Green, James Spring, Paul Brett, Tim Smith and is written by Piers Ashworth and Nick Moorcroft (St Trinian’s 1+2). Director of Photography is Oscar

Horror movie fanatic who co-founded Bloody Disgusting in 2001. Producer on Southbound, V/H/S/2/3/94, SiREN, Under the Bed, and A Horrible Way to Die. Chicago-based. Horror, pizza and basketball connoisseur. Taco Bell daily. Franchise favs: Hellraiser, Child's Play, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Friday the 13th. Horror 365 days a year.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Movies

Don Mancini in the “Early Stages” of Working On a New “Chucky” Movie!

Published

on

Chucky death

Everyone’s favorite killer doll is headed back to the small screen with “Chucky” Season 3: Part 2 on April 10, but are any further movies being planned at this time?

Created by Don Mancini, the “Chucky” television series remarkably plays around with existing elements from all previous films without disregarding ANYTHING from the past. From the original Child’s Play to sequels including Child’s Play 2, Bride of Chucky and even Seed of Chucky, it’s all one cohesive timeline that Mancini remains deeply committed to.

Of course, the most recent film in the Child’s Play franchise was the 2019 remake, to date the only movie in the saga that’s NOT part of Mancini’s vision. Is Mancini’s original incarnation going to spend his final days on TV, while another Chucky will be featured in the movies? It’s a question we’ve been asking ourselves for the last few years, and we may now have an answer.

Speaking with the Scream Dreams Podcast this week, Mancini revealed that he’s in the early stages of development on a potential new installment in the original Chucky film franchise!

new Chucky movie

CHUCKY — “Jennifer’s Body” Episode 303 — Pictured in this screengrab: Chucky — (Photo by: SYFY)

“Like anyone in this business, I want to do more things. At this point though if it’s only Chucky I’m totally cool with that,” Mancini explains. “I have other things I want to do. I’m working on a new pilot. I’m also, actually, in the early stages of working on a new Chucky movie.”

Mancini adds, “At this point, my goal is just to keep working.”

Outside of the aforementioned Child’s Play remake, there are to date seven installments in the franchise, with Cult of Chucky (2017) being the original franchise’s most recent film.

For now, Chucky remains a small screen icon. Don’t miss the premiere of Season 3: Part 2 on both USA and SYFY on April 10, with new episodes hitting Peacock the day after they air.

You can watch Don Mancini’s full chat with Scream Dreams below.

Continue Reading