Post The Last Movie You Watched

General talk about movies, tv, etc.
Wonderlust
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Re: Post The Last Movie You Watched

Post by Wonderlust » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:23 pm

Cabin 28, 2017. 3/10

Based on a true unsolved murder in 1981 in which The Strangers movie was also based off of. I didn't know that.

The accents were horrendous and the characters were..well stupid. I wanted the mother dead within the first 20 mins or so. We have super killers that are stabbed and hit with a baseball bat and move as if unscathed. *sigh* The music score horrible. That's it.
病気の

Glass Eater
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Glass Eater » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:56 am

Transformers: The Last Knight, 2017 - 7.5/10

Second viewing, for me these movies only get better. Gorgeous and a good time, I may be the only person truly sad the Bayverse for Transformers is over.

TexasSnacks
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by TexasSnacks » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:29 am

Brawl In Cell Block 99 (2017) 7/10 Solid film but I wasn't ready for how brutal this became at the end. :lol: Vince did a great job. He was pretty intimidating which is something I wasn't expecting.

Between this and Bone Tomahawk, I'm looking forward to Zahler's future projects. Looking him up I saw those are his only to films as director so far. This dude is brutal and tells solid stories.

Baywatch (2017)- Incomplete/10 Unwatchable. Not one laugh.

Mayday
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mayday » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:34 pm

NeverKnock - 6/10

Post Ghost
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by Post Ghost » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:57 pm

Inferno, directed by Dario Argento. Underrated. Daria Nicolodi, Argento's romantic interest at the time (and Asia Argento's mother), is said to have written most of this movie, uncredited. And this is a good place to mention that she's also said to be the creative force behind the eye-popping color aesthetics in Susperia, as in she designed a lot of those sets. This has been reported in multiple reliable sources, and has never been contested by Argento.

Nicolodi had to fight tooth and nail, reportedly, to get a writing credit on Susperia, even though the Three Mothers universe was created by her, based on stories her mother told her growing up about witches, and after the stress of the huge fight with Susperia she didn't even bother trying to get a writing credit on Inferno (she wrote the story).

Dario Argento is a cinematic genius, no question, possibly the greatest horror director of all time (at least in the top ten), but at some point the horror community should have a conversation about how Daria Nicolodi was a vital creative collaborator on Deep Red, Susperia, Inferno, and Phenomena. Argento and Nicolodi were considered a dream team in the Italian horror industry.

Even after they separated romantically, Argento still convinced Nicolodi to help him on his art, like when he talked her into coming back to make Phenomena with him. Feminists in the industry are interested in "women in horror", they dedicate entire months to it, well there you go. When it comes to influential female horror artists, she should be number one on your list.

Inferno (1980) 5/5

Mayday
The Living Dead
The Living Dead

Post by Mayday » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:08 pm

Spielberg - 10/10
In the Mouth of Madness - 9/10

gunsrazorsknives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by gunsrazorsknives » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:35 pm

Brawl in Cell Block 99 - 3.5/5

Like Bone Tomahawk, this takes the slow and steady road until the third act where the violence is fully unleashed.

Great performance from Vaughan. After this and True Detective, the guy needs to stay away from the rom coms because there's a damn good actor lurking underneath. Loved his character and the brutality on display here is bone-crunching.

S. Craig Zahler is a solid storyteller and it's good to see someone making modern day grindhouse-esque movies but he needs to pick up the pace.

BrotherofTears
Not Dead Yet
Not Dead Yet

Post by BrotherofTears » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:58 pm

The Green Fairy- 8/10

Glass Eater
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by Glass Eater » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:37 pm

Happy Death Day, 2017 - 8/10

Rofl, this was way more fun than expected. This Halloween season has been a blast so far.

gunsrazorsknives
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by gunsrazorsknives » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:41 pm

The Babysitter - 2.5/5

It was alright, but McG's style is rubbish. SMS message bubbles and text popping up all over the screen. It's lazy, distracting and unnecessary.
Besides that, the blood and gore are well done and it certainly has its tongue in cheek.