Connect with us

Exclusives

Katee Sackhoff Talks ‘The Haunting In Georgia’!

Published

on

A horror film for 10-year-old’s. Erm, right. That isn’t exactly selling it to the rest of us, but The Haunting In Georgia star Katee Sackhoff insists it’s a good thing.

The former “Battlestar Galactica” spoke to Bloody Disgusting’s Maria Lewis exclusively from the Supanova Pop Culture Expo in Brisbane about the sequel to Lionsgate’s 2009 The Haunting in Connecticut and said it’s got thrills for all the family. Details inside.
Katee Sackhoff There’s actually lot of emotional content in it,” she said.

I think it will be a suspenseful movie for all ages.

I think our society is so over stimulated and we’re so numb to violence that – and I’m not saying violence isn’t a good thing, in this film anyway, – but I think that it’s nice to have horror movies that you can go and watch with your teenager.

You know, in this movie there’s no swearing, there’s no gratuitous sex scenes.

It’s a movie that I could watch with my 10-year-old nephew and I was just happy to be a part of it.

No swearing? No gratuitous sex scenes? Sigh. The Lionsgate flick is a sequel to The Haunting in Connecticut and wrapped shooting in Baton Rouge, Louisiana earlier this year. Directed by Eden Lake’s Tom Elkins, Chad Michael Murray and Abigail Spencer play a young couple who move into their dream home in the rural south. But shortly after moving in, their daughter (Emily Alyn Lind) starts seeing mysterious strangers that no one else can see. The couple’s greatest fear is realized when they themselves begin to witness terrifying phenomena in and around the house, providing clues that could unlock a chilling mystery that has remained a closely guarded secret for generations.

Sackhoff was originally attracted to The Haunting In Georgia because of producers Paul Brooks, Stephen Hegyes, Scott Niemeyer and Shawn Williamson, who she worked with on White Noise 2: The Light. But she said she also had a personal connection as someone who had had a ghost encounter when she was younger.

A friend of mine died when I was about 19 and I cried for a really, really long time,” she said.

I felt like I couldn’t stop crying and then I felt this overwhelming sense of calm.

I just felt like that was his way to tell me that he was okay.

So I do believe in it.

She might be best known for playing tough chick Starbuck on Battlestar Galactica, but Sackhoff said she relished the opportunity to play a more feminine character in the film.

My character’s name was Joyce and she had bright pink nails, red hair and I got to wear tonnes of make up all the time.

It was fun for me to play a character that wasn’t strong.

Sackhoff said she loved working with “Chad and Abigail“, but newcomer Emily Alyn Lind steals the show as their young daughter.

Emily is phenomenal, phenomenally good,” she said.

She’s fantastic and she steals the movie.

She was a doll to work with and such a massive professional.

Her little scream is just so heart wrenching.

Sackhoff said the film also looks at an important chapter in American history; The Underground Railroad.

It takes part in a house that was used as part of The Underground Railroad and it was so interesting to me to find out how many people didn’t know what The Underground Railroad was.

So if we can just talk about that . . .to me it was just such a phenomenal thing that people didn’t know, so it’s bringing that history to life for a different generation.

Exclusives

Daniel Roebuck Has Joined the Cast of ‘Terrifier 3’! [Exclusive]

Published

on

Daniel Roebuck has been cast as Santa Claus in Terrifier 3, Bloody Disgusting can exclusively report.

Writer-director Damien Leone is currently wrapping production on the highly-anticipated sequel, in which Art the Clown unleashes chaos on the unsuspecting residents of Miles County as they peacefully drift off to sleep on Christmas Eve.

“I’ve been holding this secret for a long time!” Roebuck tells Bloody Disgusting. “I’ve been really excited about it. I’m actually entering into the movies that I watch. It’s extraordinary. This is Terrifier bigger, badder, best.”

Roebuck appears in Terrifier 3 alongside returning cast members David Howard Thornton, Lauren LaVera, Samantha Scaffidi, Elliot Fullam, and AEW superstar Chris Jericho.

No stranger to iconic horror properties, Roebuck has squared off against Michael Myers in Rob Zombie’s Halloween II, played The Count in Zombie’s The Munsters, succumbed to The Tall Man’s sphere in Phantasm: Ravager, and investigated death in Final Destination.

A distinguished character actor with over 250 credits, Roebuck has also appeared in The Devil’s Rejects, 3 from Hell, Bubba Ho-Tep, John Dies at the End, The Fugitive, Lost, Agent Cody Banks, and The Man in the High Castle. Incidentally, he’s also playing Santa in the family drama Saint Nick of Bethlehem, due out later this year.

Terrifier 3 will be released in theaters nationwide later this year via Cineverse and Bloody Disgusting in conjunction with our partner on Terrifier 2, Iconic Events Releasing.

Terrifier 3 comes courtesy of Dark Age Cinema Productions. Phil Falcone Produces with Lisa Falcone acting as Executive Producer. Co-producers include Mike Leavy, Jason Leavy, George Steuber, and Steve Della Salla. Brad Miska, Brandon Hill, and Erick Opeka Executive Produce for Cineverse. Matthew Helderman and Luke Taylor also Executive Produce.

Continue Reading