Connect with us

Movies

Lakeshore Eyes New Franchise With ‘I, Frankenstein’

Published

on

Lakeshore Entertainment is eyeing a new franchise in the shape of I, Frankenstein with its Underworld associates Kevin Grevioux and Patrick Tatopoulos. The company acquired the script last Thursday after Underworld writer/actor Grevioux and business partner Robert Sanchez brought in the property. Lakeshore has scheduled a July start on the contemporary fantasy thriller in which the legendary monster stands between humans and an uprising of supernatural creatures determined to overthrow the world. You’ll find more on the deal below.
Grevioux wrote the original screenplay based on his upcoming Darkstorm Studios graphic novel of the same name. Tatopoulos, who directed Underworld: Rise Of The Lycans and designed the effects for the vampires versus werewolves series, will direct.

Lakeshore chairman and CEO Tom Rosenberg, president Gary Lucchesi and Richard Wright will produce and Grevioux and Sanchez will serve as executive producers. Ryan Turek associate produces.

When Kevin Grevioux and Robert Sanchez presented us with I, Frankenstein we knew immediately that this was a great and original franchise that could best utilise Patrick’s extraordinary talent and vision,” Luchesi said.

The re-imagining of the Frankenstein mythos and the diverse creatures of legend is a dream project for me“, Grevioux said. “I’m blessed and thankful that both Tom and Gary really sparked to the material and recognised this property’s potential as not only a film, but a launch pad for various multi-media platforms.

And a chance to work with such a visionary titan as Patrick again makes this experience even more amazing.

Horror movie fanatic who co-founded Bloody Disgusting in 2001. Producer on Southbound, V/H/S/2/3/94, SiREN, Under the Bed, and A Horrible Way to Die. Chicago-based. Horror, pizza and basketball connoisseur. Taco Bell daily. Franchise favs: Hellraiser, Child's Play, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Friday the 13th. Horror 365 days a year.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Movies

Matilda Firth Joins the Cast of Director Leigh Whannell’s ‘Wolf Man’ Movie

Published

on

Pictured: Matilda Firth in 'Christmas Carole'

Filming is underway on The Invisible Man director Leigh Whannell’s Wolf Man for Universal and Blumhouse, which will be howling its way into theaters on January 17, 2025.

Deadline reports that Matilda Firth (Disenchanted) is the latest actor to sign on, joining Christopher Abbott (Poor Things),  Julia Garner (The Royal Hotel), and Sam Jaeger.

The project will mark Whannell’s second monster movie and fourth directing collaboration with Blumhouse Productions (The Invisible Man, Upgrade, Insidious: Chapter 3).

Wolf Man stars Christopher Abbott as a man whose family is being terrorized by a lethal predator.

Writers include Whannell & Corbett Tuck as well as Lauren Schuker Blum & Rebecca Angelo.

Jason Blum is producing the film. Ryan Gosling, Ken Kao, Bea Sequeira, Mel Turner and Whannell are executive producers. Wolf Man is a Blumhouse and Motel Movies production.

In the wake of the failed Dark Universe, Leigh Whannell’s The Invisible Man has been the only real success story for the Universal Monsters brand, which has been struggling with recent box office flops including the comedic Renfield and period horror movie The Last Voyage of the Demeter. Giving him the keys to the castle once more seems like a wise idea, to say the least.

Wolf Man 2024

Continue Reading