Connect with us

Movies

The Rock Will Teach the ‘Monster Hunter’s Survival Guide’

Published

on

The Rock

Talk about irony. My friend and I were literally just talking about how irrelevant Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has become (noting his return to the WWE), and then today I have my statements thrown right back in my face.

Dwayne Johnson has become attached to star in Monster Hunter’s Survival Guide, a live action adventure film based on the comic book miniseries by John Paul Russ that was published by Zenescope Entertainment, says Deadline.

The book series is a comprehensive guide to hunt monsters, the undead and unnatural beasts, and survive the confrontations.

Johnson is in production on G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation, playing the character Roadblock, and then follows with the Ric Roman Waugh-directed Snitch, playing a man who turns DEA informant to reduce his son’s prison sentence.

Horror movie fanatic who co-founded Bloody Disgusting in 2001. Producer on Southbound, V/H/S/2/3/94, SiREN, Under the Bed, and A Horrible Way to Die. Chicago-based. Horror, pizza and basketball connoisseur. Taco Bell daily. Franchise favs: Hellraiser, Child's Play, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Friday the 13th. Horror 365 days a year.

Movies

‘Sting’ – Bloody Disgusting Presents Sneak Screenings of Spine-Tingling Spider Horror

Published

on

Well Go USA will unleash arachnophobia-inducing terror this spring with Sting, which crawls into theaters April 12, 2024.

But Bloody Disgusting wants YOU to see the movie a bit earlier than that. We’re presenting sneak preview screenings of Sting in select theaters on Wednesday, April 10th!

There are eight special sneak screenings across the US, each of them presented by Bloody Disgusting. All screenings start at 7 PM local. However, it should be noted the Los Angeles screening takes place on Tuesday, April 9th and will feature a live episode with our very own The Boo Crew.

Locations include…

• Atlanta – AMC Barrett Commons
  • Boston – AMC Boston Common
  • Chicago – AMC River East
  • Dallas – Cinemark West Plano 20 XD
  • Houston – Cinemark 290 XD
  • Los Angeles – Landmark Westwood Theater
  • Philadelphia – AMC Fashion District
  • San Diego – AMC Mission Valley

RSVP NOW! Entry is based on first come, first served. Each attendee must RSVP separately.

Writer/Director Kiah Roache-Turner ensures that your fear of spiders is about to grow to monstrous levels with practical spider effects from 5-time Academy Award® Winner Weta Workshop, led by Creative Director Richard Taylor (Blade Runner 2049, King Kong, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy).

The film stars Ryan Corr (House of the Dragon, The Water Diviner), Alyla Browne (Three Thousand Years of Longing, Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga), Penelope Mitchell (Hellboy), Robyn Nevin (Relic, “Wolf Like Me), Noni Hazlehurst (The End) and Jermaine Fowler (The Blackening).

In Sting, “One cold, stormy night in New York City, a mysterious object falls from the sky and smashes through the window of a rundown apartment building. It is an egg, and from this egg emerges a strange little spider…

“The creature is discovered by Charlotte, a rebellious 12-year-old girl obsessed with comic books. Despite her stepfather Ethan’s best efforts to connect with her through their comic book co-creationFang Girl, Charlotte feels isolated. Her mother and Ethan are distracted by their new baby and are struggling to cope, leaving Charlotte to bond with the spider. Keeping it as a secret pet, she names it Sting.

“As Charlotte’s fascination with Sting increases, so does its size. Growing at a monstrous rate, Sting’s appetite for blood becomes insatiable. Neighbours’ pets start to go missing, and then the neighbours themselves. Soon Charlotte’s family and the eccentric characters of the building realize that they areall trapped, hunted by a ravenous supersized arachnid with a taste for human flesh… and Charlotte is the only one who knows how to stop it.”

The film stemmed from Kiah Roache-Turner’s own extreme fear of spiders; his previous films include post-apocalyptic zombie thriller Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead (which premiered at Fantastic Fest), comedy sci-fi/horror Nekrotronic, starring Monica Bellucci (which premiered at the TIFF in 2018), and action/horror sequel Wyrmwood: Apocalypse (winner of the Audience Award at the 2021 Sydney Film Festival) starring Luke McKenzie.

Sting poster

Continue Reading