Connect with us

Exclusives

‘The Ward’ Director John Carpenter Talks Potential Next Projects

Published

on

During B-D’s recent interview with John Carpenter regarding his upcoming psychological horror film The Ward (which follows a ten-year dry spell for the director in the feature-length sphere), we got the horror legend to speak VERY briefly about a few different directing projects he has in the works, including the previously-announced adaptation of the comic book “Darkchylde”.

I’m working on several interesting things. I’m working on a movie version of a comic book called ‘Darkchylde’, which I’m excited about. There’s a little Gothic Western I may do. There’s a high-gloss psychological thriller I may do,” said Carpenter, before adding: “But right now, I’m concentrating all my energies on the NBA playoffs.

The one that sounds most up my alley is the gothic Western, an intriguing prospect given how vocal Carpenter has been in the past regarding his love of classic Westerns, not to mention how much those films (particularly the works of masters Howard Hawks and John Ford) have influenced his own style. Stay posted to B-D for updates on these projects as they come in.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Exclusives

‘Love Will Tear Us Apart’: Red Band Trailer for Japanese Slasher Movie Spills a Whole Lot of Blood

Published

on

Coming later this month from Red Water Entertainment is the J-horror slasher movie Love Will Tear Us Apart, which slices onto Digital and On Demand Tuesday, April 16.

The film is said to offer a “stylish twist to the Japanese horror and slasher genres.”

Love Will Tear Us Apart follows Wakaba, a young woman grappling with her traumatic past. As she ventures into new romantic relationships, Wakaba realizes she is being followed by a relentless masked murderer. This mysterious killer targets anyone who dares to get close to her, turning her quest for love into a fight for survival.

Directed by veteran filmmaker Kenichi Ugana (Visitors, Extraneous Matter), the film stood out at multiple genre festivals in 2023, earning acclaim from both critics and audiences.

Red Water Entertainment tells us that Love Will Tear Us Apart took home the award for Best Feature Film at the Portland Horror Film Festival and also screened at Genre Blast, Be Afraid Horror Fest, Grimmfest, and the Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival.

Watch the Japanese slasher movie’s official trailer below.

Continue Reading